[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492099549834.jpg (261KB, 1024x878px) Image search: [Google]
1492099549834.jpg
261KB, 1024x878px
I'll be homeless in slightly over 24 hours.

>I've got no family around.
>I'm 23 and work casual at McDonald's, making less than people on Centrelink most weeks lately.

Luckily I've got anything worthwhile I own put into a storage facility. Though I want to move it again because I got help from someone to have it there, using their dad's account and paying him.
So worried they'll take my shit.

No car or licence. Parents were never around to teach me and learning from only paid sessions is costly as fuck.

Not sure what to do.

Where did it all go so wrong.

Feel free to ask me anything or give me advice/tips.
>>
>>18259835
Why are you going homeless
>>
>>18259848
Was living with a friend of my parents, paying her board. Then around Christmas I had to move out because she had family returning from overseas.

The entire time I was living there (about 8 months) it was supposed to be temporary until I could find a place to move out to with a mate of mine. She didn't mind staying the extra length but I just had no luck with real estates.

Ended up moving in and sleeping on the couch at the guy I had been planning to move out with.
He needed a bigger place as it was.

We continued viewing and applying for every house that was in the area that fitted our needs (3 bedroom, a yard and within our price range)

About a month ago we got news that the house we were in will be sold when the lease ends so we need to be gone.
A lot of other stuff happened to the guy he had a mental breakdown. Tried killing himself then just cut all contact with me and everyone else really and bailed.

So I've been staying here the last week or so. Messaging friends asking around for a possible room to rent or anything really.
No luck, don't have many friends.

Time is basically up now too.
That's the situation more or less
>>
Buy as many drugs as possible, a gun and alchohol if drugs aren't possible. I pity homeless people but not losers, sorry if that comes out harsh, but you said you casually work at mcdonalds. Get a real job or you're fucked. Time is of the essence, apply everywhere and start developing skills. Burger flipping isn't one.
>>
Have you checked for additional benefits from centrelink? I'm pretty sure someone in your position can get some extra help, which you can use to get more on your feet
>>
Look for a homeless shelter
>>
>>18259962
I'm not even on centrelink to begin with.
Probably will go in tomorrow.

>>18259974
None seem to be in my town and if I go outside of it I probably won't be able to get to work.

>>18259957
Gun laws are strict here. Don't see me buying one.
As for drugs, no contacts plus not interested.
Alcohol is possible but why waste what little money I have.

I have no job interests. I just want to be a cog in the machine. Go to work, be able to do it, go home. Making enough money to get by.
Finding a better stable job has been something I've desired for a while now but I don't see me picking one up while homeless.
>>
>>18259835
You should be looking for a place to rent rather than browsing 4chan.

I think most people ask for a 6 months to 1 year contract, use that time to get a proper job, fuck.
>>
>>18260040
I've been looking for a place to rent for the past like 8 months.
It's not too easy.

I've started looking at flatsharing and paying someone to live in a room in their place and shit. Another thing that won't be able to go on rental history but I'm only seeing expensive stuff that I can't afford.
>>
>>18259835
Op here again.

Been in contact with my uncle that lives an hour and a half away. He said I can stay in his shed, so that'll do for a while.

Also contacted my mother. She is living at some place where she works, like a resort I believe?
I asked her to see if they need an extra hand. It's decent money and somewhere to stay.
She will find out for me tomorrow.

It's about apparently a 55hr drive away. So it's a good distance. But if they need help I'll pack up and say goodbye to everyone around here and go up there to work for the 5-6 months they need.

Hopefully build up some money and start a better plan for later.
>>
>>18259957
>>18260040
i don't think you realize just how hard it is to find a job in alot of places in australia.
i spent two years unemployed, and could even get a job in fast food.
no-one wants to put people on who don't already have experience, because the government took our pension alot of older people still have to work full time, making young employees look less desirable, coupled with the fact that there isn't a great deal of incentives to put on and train a young worker(over 18 that is), and fast food and supermarkets are full of school kids because they are cheap
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.