[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i quit 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: question.jpg (6KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
6KB, 277x182px
should i quit 4chan?
>>
everything in moderation.

you should quit life tho
>>
>>18258308
You'll be back! They all come back!
>>
Yes the people here are obsessed with death, gore, lolicon, homosexuals, mentally ill 'traps'. I think majority of 4chan are bad people and need therapists. Get out while you can.
>>
>>18258308
Its less of a should and more of a can.
>>
>>18258308
Do you feel like you're getting something out of 4chan?
I'm still here because I get good music recs from /mu/, which in the long run increased my appreciation for music as a whole. /adv/ actually helps me out with my issues sometimes (plus I get a little rush whenever I try to help someone out here as well) and I started dabbling in /lit/ lately, and I'm actually reading fucking books now.

If you go on 4chan solely to shitpost, and nothing you take away can apply to your real life, then yes, it's time to quit.
>>
You can't quit 4chan. It's just a website.

This site has no control over your life whatsoever in the real world, and thinking this site is any way responsible for the problems in your life is a grave mistake.

Most people who quit 4chan just stop coming here out of boredom, or find better things to give their attention to.

You can close this window now, but I promise you nothing will change because you did.
>>
I remember when i said that.
Still come here every day for 8 years.
If you stay off for a week youre golden, but its weather you can do even that
>>
>>18259447
>>18259967
>>18259376

so which advice should i take?
not op but i do get some helpful advice here but i always forget which always brings me back here. I know it's weird but I feel even more lonely without 4chan. The loneliness just becomes more crippling without you guys. I do shitpost as well.
>>
People who think about quitting 4chan can't because they're most likely using it as their only social outlet, life is so boring without people even if they're like what >>18258370 said
>>
>>18260133
I'm >>18259447.

My point is, you don't have to quit 4chan if you don't want to. You can still browse 4chan and live out a healthy, normal, productive life. The 4chan boogeyman is just a meme. This site isn't even what it used to be in comparison to its earlier days.

If you enjoy the company 4chan provides, then why leave? Just come whenever you feel like it, and leave when you grow tired. You'll be fine.
>>
>>18260167
I mean you can still enjoy it and be addicted to it. And since it is an addiction, and might be a legit one, the effects it has on your lifestyle aren't obvious .
>>
>>18260208
Does your skin itch when you're not here? Do you break out in cold sweat? Do you get grumpy and hostile with others?

some habits are easier to break than others desu if you feel so concerned then just stop coming here for 2 weeks. just 2 weeks. if you still feel the urge to come back, then come back. if not, then go do something else.

read a book, watch a movie, listen to an album. you get the idea. 2 weeks. thats all you need.
>>
You will come back, but it's best if you check out other websites and start an identity there so you can look back at 4chan and wonder why the hell you spent time here.
>>
>>18258308

If it's something you feel like you have to "quit": Probably.
>>
>>18258308
You just need to get to a point where you don't feel the need to come here every fuckin day. That was me a few years ago and i'm glad as fuck that i've gotten to a point where i can go for months on end without coming here. Just remember that you're honestly not missing much if you don't come here.
>>
>>18259376
>I'm still here because I get good music recs from /mu/

you lie nigger, we both know you lie.

fucking k- pop loving nigger.
>>
>>18258370
>This place is for degenerates and pedos, I just come for the memes, the ride never ends! XD
>>
>>18260208
People sometimes ask how I find out about things without watching the news or having any friends. I usually just ignore those questions because I imagine they are rhetorical.
>>
>>18260258
So what's keeping you here if social media is so great?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.