/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: programmer.jpg (44KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
programmer.jpg
44KB, 450x337px
Hello, anons. :^) I wonder if it is good idea to learn programming on your own, from materials you can find for free on the internet, instead of going to the studies/courses? Maybe I should find sort of teacher for me?

Some weeks ago I started learning C++ on my own. I think I really like it, but the problem is, that in some easy-to-do tasks I did, the program didn't work as it should. I tried to figure that out, but still no idea why part of it did work properly, and second part didn't. That was irritating and this is the reason why I am asking that.
>>
Programming is like dating. There's no magic wand to make you instantly good at it. But if you're willing to fail several hundred times at a row, someday you can be that mediocre neckbeard on the hill who makes six figures a year. Don't worry about the dude half your age making seven figures a year; the more you worry the less you will perform.

Hard work is YOUR only path to success, if a better path was not already handed to you. What you need to do is breeze through the "Learn C#" course in half an hour, then spend the rest of the decade writing your own code and examining code written by others before anything at all makes sense. Remarkably similar to the art of dating.
>>
>>18258106
I think the ideal approach is to do both, get a degree and study on you're own. I think a degree can open a lot of doors for you.

That said, it's not impossible to get hired as a developer without one.

As for your program you should try and figure out the error yourself, what is the task?
>>
>>18258106
Just go to buzzfeed or github, pastebin. I "made" most of my programs just by copy and paste the codes from these sites. Here's some advice, don't be a code monkey, be a system administrator or network admin.
>>
>>18258106
Also, if you really really want to be a code monkey, learn Python instead of C++, it's fucking garbage
>>
>>18258177
lol
>>
File: 1492540260481.jpg (48KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492540260481.jpg
48KB, 750x600px
>>18258190
????
>>
>>18258197
> bad opinions and gook shit

its too much anon!
>>
>>18258147
I tried, but have no goddamn idea what was wrong-> program asked you a question, and your task was to answer "Y/N". I tried to use "OR" so the program could also accept small "y/n" letters. Debugging completed, program was working with "Y". But when I tried with "y"-> it was not working.
Look anon, it's not only about solving this problem. It's about finding solutions for such problems. It's very simple program, yet took me two unsuccesfull hours today to make it work. If I had a teacher, who could instantly show me where I made mistake...

>>18258168
So I could be a Frankenstein of coding? Not a bad idea, however it would be satysfying to be able to code just by yourself.
>>
>>18258251
I'm a sysadmin and I don't even know how to code, yet my salary is higher than the rest of the programmers in my company.
>>
>>18258305
How you became one? Studies, self-learning or both?
>>
>>18258328
Both, obviously.

Just go to /g/
>>
>>18258362
Thanks for advice, I will check it out.
>>
>>18258251
Are you using "|" or "||" as for the or statement because the former is a bitwise operation, not logical, and are you using = instead of ==, the former is an assignment operation, not logic. I can't think of any other error you could have.
>>
>>18258410
Doubles. == and ||
>>
>>18258536
Idk man, if you post your code I can probably tell you the error
>>
>>18258305
What do you do as a sysadmin?
What makes it different from being a code monkey and why its better?
>>
>>18258553
I dropped (deleted) project of this program already. I was making this "program" just in the name of kek, but that failure just made me wonder about programming. But your advices really helped me, so thank you all, anons ;^)
>>
Best C++ tutorial on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpSiitk4eI&list=PLF9B0522C7BC3C1C2
>>
>>18258106
I dropped out of computers college and as I see it, you might be better off learning coding and programming on your own, than being dragged through dirt with bunch of retards who want to "make games lol" and are barely coherent when it comes to mathematics, and child geniuses who just sit down for another degree to post on their wall. School isn't a place for smart people. As soon as I get on my feet I'll start learning c# and work with Unity, I've been told its a gold mine. That being said, you don't even have to understand computers very good to code, I know some people who can't tell apart from CD and DVD and can still make magic happen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.