[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got 55% on an exam for university. I literally feel like shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1428578997900669.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
Got 55% on an exam for university.

I literally feel like shit.

I feel like crying.
>>
>>18257611
How does it feel like to be aware that you Dumb?
>>
>>18257625
I thought I as smart. I was getting great marks. NOW... Now I have the lowest mark in my class.
>>
>>18257611
Literally? All brown and squishy?
>>
I was molested as a kid and I never shed a tear.
>>
>>18257611
First, a basic question: Did you attend class, do the reading, and study for the exam?

If not, it's your own fault.

If so, the most likely explanation is NOT that you are dumb, but that you studied the wrong things or the wrong way.

You might have memorized facts when the exam called for understanding of principles (or vice versa) You might have been paying attention to the wrong parts of the class and missed what the teacher thought was important. Or some similar error.

Go back over the test. With each thing you got "wrong" ask yourself how you would have had to study to get that right. See if a pattern of studying-the-wrong-way develops. There's your answer.
>>
>>18257611
Go ahead and cry. Then delete this thread since it has nothing to do with advice. Go vent on your blog fuckface.
>>
>>18257664
I literally studied so hard. I had the text book. I had the solution manual. I did all the questions.

I'm so sad.
>>
File: 1475872997548.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1475872997548.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>18257611

>didn't study for exam
>got 50%
>>
>>18257707
Give it another go for summer or fall
>>
Asian people study 8 hours per day for 2 weeks, per exam. That's how they get such good grades. Or else their parents will beat them.

Did you study for what, only 2-3 hours and think that was enough?
>>
>>18257707
>Go back over the test. With each thing you got "wrong" ask yourself how you would have had to study to get that right. See if a pattern of studying-the-wrong-way develops. There's your answer.

This
>>
>>18257744
You give good advice. I'm going to talk to my prof, and see what I can do about this.
>>
>>18257655
>>18257611
what goes up must come down

This is a good opportunity to dampen your ego a bit and realise you actually need to work for results

also you sound like a fag or a girl so gtfo this board because this isn't even a real issue
>>
>>18257738
Tfw I'm Asian and I don't study for 8 hours
>>
>>18257799
What are you studying and what year of university are you in?

If you're some kid fag who is in first year of psychology then yeah you won't be studying so much

8 hours is a bit unrealistic but I know asians who study 5-6 hours a day every weekday
>>
>>18257808
Final test. Final year chemical engineering.

Most jobs ask for a transcript.
>>
>>18257707
Just give up.
>>
>>18257707
If you study and still can't pass OP, your either genuinely stupid, or your lazy and don't feel like studying, so you BS'ed the practice problems just to justify your failure.
>>
>>18257611
Is that a passing grade? How hard did you study?
>>
>>18257656
I love you
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.