[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop hating myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (121KB, 720x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 720x593px
i want to live a happy life but it's really hard because I hate myself
>>
The only way to stop hating yourself is to improve yourself. Whatever you dislike about yourself isn't going to change overnight. I'm assuming you've spent literal years inside your own head telling yourself negative things. Find something progressive to do in your life. Go to the gym, start reading intellectual material every night before bed etc. Do things that will improve you, because you will like those improvements and in turn become more confident, etc.
>>
>>18257575
1. What specifically is so hateful about you?
2. If you had a magic wand, what would you turn that hateful thing into?
3. What, other than a magic wand, could get you from A to B?
4. Do it.
>>
File: her.jpg (128KB, 871x798px) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
128KB, 871x798px
What are your flaws?

List them on here, and we can work it out together to decide which flaws are ones you should work on, and which flaws are the type that you need to simply accept and move on from.

If you can do these two things successfully, the quality of your life will naturally improve and you will find less reasons to hate yourself.
>>
>>18257678
I'm lazy
I'm not in the shape I wish I was in
I'm broke(no job)
Failing school
In a relationship im not sure I wanna be in
No friends
And I have small ass hands for a dude and im always bummed out about it(even though I know that's stupid)
>>
>I'm lazy
What could motivate you? Find the answers to these first. Even if the answer doesn't come immediately, just keep asking yourself that question. Remember one thing, we shaped by the things we experience, so your interests will heavily lean on what you've already experienced.
>I'm not in the shape I wish I was in
Gotta find beneficial reasons to get in shape and decide for yourself whether they are worthy enough to pursue. I mean I can list you objective reasons why you should get into shape, but it's probably pointless because you would have come up with a few on your own already.
>I'm broke(no job)
If you're living on your own then you absolutely need to get a job ASAP. If your parents can cover for you for a while then you should take a hard look at what motivates and interests you and consider pursuing a career in that.
>Failing school
School is a gateway to your career. If you can find a fulfilling career to set your sights on, there should be no more reasons to fail in school.
>In a relationship im not sure I wanna be in
Can't really help you here as this probably warrants a new thread by itself. So probably open one up and look for intelligent answers to your relationship problems.
>No friends
What are your interests/hobbies? Figure out what you like doing first. You should make friends based on mutual interests.
>And I have small ass hands for a dude and im always bummed out about it(even though I know that's stupid)
I have small hands, too. I'm also balding and have small calcium stones in my testicles that could turn malignant and give me cancer at any time. It is what it is. Some problems are just not worth thinking about.
>>
>>18257752
>>What could motivate you? Find the answers to these first. Even if the answer doesn't come immediately, just keep asking yourself that question. Remember one thing, we shaped by the things we experience, so your interests will heavily lean on what you've already experienced.

I'll think on this, thank you

>>Shape question
I have a gym pass and I've been going but I just lose motivation so I'll be going constantly for weeks, start thinning out, miss a week, and then the process starts all over again.

>>job part
I'm with my parents so I can go to school. I've been doing CompSci

>>Failing school

The thing is, the class I'm taking for my major I actually enjoy and have fun in(CompSci) and It's the only class I'm doing well in.

To get my degree though I have to take chemistry and trig, which are interesting but I just don't care for them as much. Chem is really only fun because It's my only social outlet at the moment.

>>Relationship
True that dude.

>>No friends
I love to play guitar, the beatles, working out(When I can get myself to), taking walks/hikes, drinking with friends, playing soccer/sports(Even though i'm garbage lol).

>>Small hands
You're right, this problem isn't worth thinking about

You're amazing at giving advice anon
>>
>>18257575
Try not to think your past as done wrong or wasted. Instead see it as learning.

It's like how I've been losing some weight this year. It would've been great if I had lost this weight like 10 years ago but even if I could talk to my past self what could I say to convince him? It's not like I didn't know I should lose weight. I just had to grow/change before I could do it.

It's the same thing with many big things in life like a failed career, relationship or plan: You probably could see the problems for a long time but you didn't do anything. You literally had to do it to learn.

So don't be mad at yourself for growing up. Be happy you did those stupid things when you were younger and realized they were stupid things.
>>
>>18258488
Thank you anon. I hope all this pays off one day
>>
File: hyphen[1].jpg (43KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
hyphen[1].jpg
43KB, 500x342px
>>18257714
>I have small ass-hands
I have nothing of value to contribute to this thread.
>>
>>18257575

peace is unattainable when we reject ourselves. must learn to accept yourself and evolve from that point. the "happiness" is attainable if you can learn to accept yourself let go of all the shit holding you back. eckhart tolle book "new earth" great resource
>>
>>18258879
How do I accept my flaws?
>>
>>18258986
Accept that you will never be happy
>>
>>18259346
This
>>
hate other people more than yourself. it creates the illusion of self love
>>
>>18259506
can recommend, it works wonders
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.