[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Doing coursework in my office >Overhear two femanons working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-Infographic-59.png (318KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-Infographic-59.png
318KB, 750x500px
>Doing coursework in my office
>Overhear two femanons working in the office across from mine
>>And we're not going to ask anon for help. I'm sure he's found some really clever to solve this problem, but we can do it ourselves.

I guess the question is how do I become more approachable? I always hear that a femanon asking for help on an assignment is a good path to an eventual hookup, or at least an eventual friendship, right? But if they don't even want to ask me for help in the first place, it's hard to take that next step.
>>
>>18257572
Wander by their room and stick your head in. "Just taking a break from my math problems. Have you started them yet?" Gives them an opening to ask you for help.

But beware the Pandora's Box you're opening. MUCH more likely than hooking up with them is them leeching on you to the point that you're doing all their homework for them.
>>
They obviously think you're intelligent, maybe they find that intimidating. If you show that you don't have all the answers they may be more open to communication. Try asking them for help on something and see what happens.
>>
Maybe you have a condescending or annoying way of offering advice. Have they ever asked for your help before?
>>
>>18257572
Sounds like you act like a smartass around them, try not doing that.
>>
>>18257742
Yeah, once or twice, usually as a last resort. For example, we were talking about an assignment once, she said she was stuck on a part, I said I'd finished it, she said she wanted to work at it for a couple more hours before I helped. Which is respectable enough. But even when she finally did ask for help she just asked me to email her a copy of my assignment.

>>18257734
Yeah, I actually go over to their office reasonably frequently, to discuss problems for other classes (it's a PhD program, so we're taking all the same classes), they don't usually reciprocate.

>>18257742
>>18257753
I think it might be this. And I'm trying to get better, because I honestly, really enjoy helping other people. But sometimes I still slip a bit. One example that comes to mind.
>How bout you try x, I think that will work
>>No I'm going to try y, oh, guess that didn't work
>Pretty sure it's x, try that
>>Well, let me try z first, I think that sounds good, oh that didn't work
>Actually, I'm pretty sure x will work, why don't you give that a try.
>> (several tries later), oh look, x worked, guess you were right.
It's frustrating at times.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.