[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying single after breakup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492760113639_0.jpg (89KB, 686x934px) Image search: [Google]
1492760113639_0.jpg
89KB, 686x934px
Hi /adv I recently ended a pretty toxic relationship with my ex because it was slowly destroying me. I love her to this day, but she was massively codependent, after the breakup she admitted to using drugs while we were together (and most likely cheating because she bought from male dealers she used to sleep with for drugs) I'm a recovering addict myself but I'm 4 years completely clean and I really it really fucking seriously. I almost killed myself on drugs.

Anyways, I'm trying hard to get away from her, and I'm thinking I should not even attempt another relationship for a long time, maybe till after I start a career and finish school. Does that make sense? I feel like until then I won't find anyone who will be able to accept that I don't want to get high. So many people these days do, and I'm ok with people drinking around me, I just can't do it myself (making it hard to go on"dates" )

Any advice?
>>
Really really take it**
>>
>>18257257
Would that girl let me hug her?
>>
>>18257257

kind of in the same situation. no where near as severe as you; 9 years, toxic but both non alcoholics or drugs, still techincally together but in the dying breaths of the relationship waiting for her to move out.

Either way, I would say it would be best to just give yourself a year or two to just work on yourself until you are proud/ok with who you are before diving back in. That's at least what i'm planning to do once she's gone.

and yeah I also feel like dating is gonna be hard because i really hate alcohol. Also i'm vegan so that's a hurdle i don't even know how to get around. I think once you do start dating try to deal with the slim pickings. If it doesn't work at least you have more data/experience.
>>
>>18257905
Hey thank you
>>
Why rush to get back into a relationship? Just take some time off. Enjoy a little freedom.
>>
>>18258646
I guess I need to examine why I feel so lonely then. I don't have friends because she would get mad if I didn't spend time with her for any reason other than work.. and hated it if I talked to anyone else. I've got my mom and sibling but that's it.

However I think you're right, I need to not *want/need* a relationship, only when I get to that point I think I'll have happiness to offer someone
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.