[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf's mom hates me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dev.jpg (195KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
195KB, 720x960px
Should I break up with my girlfriend because I her mother hates me?

I love my gf, but to continue with her would mean turning her mother into my mother in law. And she hates me.

Best I can hope for is that she's a tsundere mother in law.
>>
>>18256843
If you know words like tsundere, she's right about hating you. I'm so certain about this because I know them too.
>>
>>18256843
Why you think she hates you?. Sometimes they think you're not good enough, it's not like they hate you, but that they prefer something better for their daughter
>>
>>18256882
>prefer something better for their daughter
Yeah, it feels like that. In that case, should I break up with her?
>>
>>18256913
No. It's a test. If you keep with your gf she will accept you at the end.
>>
It matters a lot more what the father thinks than the mother.

If the father also doesn't like you, leave.
If she does (or did) not have a decent father in the first place, leave. Daddy issues are very bad news.
>>
>>18257201
This
>>
I don't think your partner's family (or even your own) should affect your choice unless she's really close with her parents and wants family to visit every weekend. And if that's the case you should talk to her and ask if she could do with less mama time and more bf time OR ask her to help the two of you get along.

If you're underage and she lives with her parents then I dunno. If a scary mother is enough to reconsider your love to her, I don't think breaking up would be that bad of a choice either.
>>
File: no thanks.jpg (32KB, 658x529px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.jpg
32KB, 658x529px
>>18256913
>>18256843

You should break up with her because you claim you love her yet are willing to throw her away at first sign of trouble.

There are men that have given their lives in an instant in the name of the women they loved. You seem to have misjudged your attachment to this girl. Find someone that really gets you going OP don't waste your youth away.
>>
>>18256843
My Mother isn't particularly a fan of my boyfriend but I don't let it get in the way. My relationship with my Mother and with my boyfriend are two separate things, so whether or not they get along doesn't really matter right now. If it was a huge issue your girlfriend would end it, if she hasn't then don't worry about it.
>>
>>18256843

If she genuinely hates you and has for some time (I.e. It's not early relationship reservations or anything), then it might be necessary to end the relationship. Horrid in laws is a fairly common reason why marriages fail, because parents feel they have the right to interfere in their kids relationships. It will get only worse if you two have kids and the mother-in-law will question your and your parenting in every turn in front of your own kids. It will happen for sure, if she hates you and it will in time poison your relationship with your partner and in the worst case with your own children.
>>
>>18257201
This
>ex-gf's dad hated me from the first time we met, never gave his reasons

My gf always blamed me somehow. I shook his hand, looked him in the eye, was in school, had a job, idk what he really wanted
>>
>>18257201
>>18257225
>>18257299
Father seems to like me a lot, she tells me so and the way he treats me reflects it.

>>18257292
This is what I'm concerned about.
>I.e. It's not early relationship reservations or anything
It's almost been a year. I will talk to my gf to see if she believes there has been an upward trend in her mother's opinion of me. If not, I think I'll make like a tree, like you said.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.