[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my ego getting the best of me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0619-683x1024.jpg (75KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0619-683x1024.jpg
75KB, 683x1024px
Last December I quit a well-paying, high prestige job at one of the nation's major companies where I was highly regarded for three reasons:

>The stress was keeping me up at night and making me vomit every Monday morning
>It was further pushing me away from ever having a chance to pursue my creative passions in writing, editing, and publishing
>They were forcing me into a "promotion" that was requiring me to learn a bunch of skills in a direction in the industry I didn't want to go, which would give me much more stress

I went to a small startup, and suddenly being a big fish in a small pond made me feel like shit. I couldn't brag to girls, I had to explain what my company was to friends and family without them just immediately knowing and heaping me with praise, my parents called me a failure... I felt like an average joe. So I quit.

So last week, the first company came back to me saying they made a mistake, and are creating a new position they would like me to lead. I immediately accepted. Am I making a mistake?
>>
I don't know, but it sounds like you've got some fucked up priorities.
>>
>>18256648

Can you elaborate on my fucked up priorities?
>>
>quit job because of stress and no time for yourself
>get a new job that gives you a more balanced life
>quit that job because people aren't impressed with what you do
>go back to old company which you hated
I don't understand how you don't think your priorities are fucked up. Are you living your life for yourself, or for others?
>>
>>18256669

I should have mentioned that company #2 was also an absolute shitshow that had NO clue what it was doing. I made a terrible mistake in judgement by accepting going there in the first place.

There's some things I didn't hate about the old company, namely that my coworkers were good friends of mine, and that I had a lot of carte blanche to do whatever I wanted to do because I was succeeding so well. Work from home, vacation without any questions, free expensive meals at top tier restaurants, that kind of thing.

But it is valid to ask who I'm living my life for, in a sense. I mean, part of living for myself is indulging in a bit of narcissism, like appreciating that women vapidly like me for my career... but being essentially a NEET for the past five months has been great too.
>>
Be happy with what you do or find positivity in something that sucks.

If I were in your position, I would stick with the start up and try to bring my "corporate antics" into the company. If you make friends easily in your job, influence them, and try to be the go-to guy when things get rough about strategies you could help do for that company.

If you're looking to impress girls with your job to pursue sex, do what you gotta do.

If you're looking for a girl to settle down with, find a chick whose like minded as you, professionally successful as you, and goal oriented as you. That way you know she's most likely not a hoe, and there's realness.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.