[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moderate drinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1488859547084.jpg (103KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488859547084.jpg
103KB, 1080x1080px
How do normal people moderate their drinking? I'm at the end of a diet where I've cut out drinking for a couple of months, and I'm definitely a problem drinker.

To me, there's always an excuse to drink - someone always calling you, a work event that would be awkward without cocktails, a stressful day, a really good day, a sporting event, something like that.

If I didn't like drinking so much, it would be one of those things where I'd just turn down the drink and have a soda or skip the event, but drinking is the most fun thing there is to do.

Do normal people just lock themselves in their house a predetermined amount of days in a week, or what?
>>
Change your life so that drinking isn't the most interesting part of your day
>>
>>18256421
>Do normal people just lock themselves in their house a predetermined amount of days in a week, or what?

Sorry man, sounds like you're pre-disposed to alcoholism.

Sucks, but is what it is.

I like alcohol, probably more than the next man.
I love craft beers (I've tried literally hundreds)
I love wines
I love making new cocktails (I've got my own spin on a chocolate martini)
I'm starting to love whiskey's.

But I've never really liked drinking alone, nor felt like I HAD to do it (though I definitely have drunk too much on occasion lol).

If it's an issue for you though, just don't do it man.

Find something else to do, find hobbies, start Vaping to give yourself something to do at social settings or something.

You can do the same shit you can without alcohol. If you can't, then you might have an actually problem you might need to deal with.
>>
>>18256456

I do a ton of things that are interesting. I find all of them more interesting with alcohol. That's my problem.

>>18256476
I like drinking alone but can probably survive without it. The thing is, there's always something for me to go do that involves drinking. Every single night. It's probably a part of my city (I live in Vegas), but I never have to drink alone if I don't want to.

I'm always frustrated with the "find hobbies" argument... not specifically at you, but no one ever seems to have good advice here. It's not like hobbies replace drinking - I can still drink while playing video games, collecting comics, or something else like that. You can't always replace drinking with a physical activity, or go for a nice hike or something, if that's your hobby. My problem is, I pretty much know what I like already, so "finding a hobby" is just an exercise in "find something you don't really enjoy that's time consuming."

I know I can do many things without alcohol that I can do with it, but I'd always PREFER to do them with alcohol. Like, going to the bar with pals to watch the game and having a soda instead of a beer is going to be less enjoyable to me, because I'd prefer to be having a beer.
>>
Do you drink excessively every time (i.e. more than a couple drinks) or do you just have one or two most times?
>>
>>18256514

Always excessively.
>>
>>18256494
>Like, going to the bar with pals to watch the game and having a soda instead of a beer is going to be less enjoyable to me, because I'd prefer to be having a beer

See I enjoy Billiards. A lot.

And usually when I play, I grab a pitcher, or three, and some drinks.
Because that's what happens at a pool hall and it's fun to hang out with friends. And that's pretty fun.

But I can also definitely NOT do that.

Because I genuinely like the game, and I genuinely can lose myself in JUST that, without the aid or supplement of booze.

And in fact, that hobby is BETTER without the booze.
>>
>>18256531

This is one of my problems - there isn't a single thing I can think of that's more fun when I'm NOT drinking.

Well, driving. But I guess that goes without saying.
>>
>>18256494
do ayahuasca.
>>
Hi OP I can relate. I wouldn't say I have a drinking problem, but I think I drink too much. I'm frustrated by the fact that most basic activities (and most friends) involve and in part depend upon having a drink or two. Of course less basic hobbies and interests exist where drinking is not part of the prerequisite, but these are fewer and further between and require investment in time and effort from both parties.

Like I can meet up with a number of people for a drink, but only a few would enjoy and even less would be available for a bike ride this weekend and most of them would expect a decent pub for a drink as the destination.

I drink one or two drinks most, but not every single day of the week and get drunk as in more than three, but not more than six about once a month. I get shit faced about three times a year.
>>
>>18256519
OK, see
>Do normal people just lock themselves in their house a predetermined amount of days in a week, or what?
Most people (let's say away from the word "normal") just don't feel that much temptation to drink to excess, dude.

For instance, I love drinking. Really. I'm what you'd probably consider a pretty boring drinker, I basically stick to beer and whiskey (mixed drinks give me a headache, I don't tolerate sugar well), but having a few drinks is one of the absolute highlights of my day. But I stick to like 1-2 drinks most days - it's not an act of will, that's literally all I want to drink most times. That's enough to mellow me out, take away some stress, and certainly enough to enjoy the taste (of whatever I'm drinking). I'm not saying I never get drunk, but it's an occasional thing, and it's no struggle to keep it that way.

In the mornings I only drink one or two cups of coffee, too. Why would I drink more? That's enough to wake me up, and even though I really like the taste of coffee, I don't like the taste of coffee x 10 cups.

It's not what you want to hear, but I strongly agree with the guy who said you're predisposed to alcoholism, or have an addictive personality.
>>
File: slowyourroll[1].png (612KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
slowyourroll[1].png
612KB, 666x666px
OP, you just gotta slow your roll. Every few weeks I get a wild hair and will go out to bars and get completely smashed. After some reflection I have realized that what I like most about it is socializing with others. I also drink at home but when I am not socializing with others, I don't drink to great excess.

Lately I am wanting to improve my short and long term health, so I am imposing a 'no more than 2 drinks' per drinking session... because it can really fuck you up if you are always getting drunk.

Just gotta tell yourself "slow your roll".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.