[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superiority Complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

i have a superiority complex wherein i believe myself to be naturally more intelligent than others and time and time again i am proved wrong, how do i deal with this? for example, in high school i was an a student, and was in all advanced classes, yet i couldn't manage above a 26 on my ACT. now in college i am struggling with basic chemistry. what should i do?
>>
I dunno, spend more time around smart people and you will eventually accept that you're not so smart. And it'll be okay, provided you don't begin to think you're legitimately dumb.
>>
Read "You are not so smart" by David McRaney.
>>
>>18255068
Look up the dunning kruger effect, you might be feeling it or its counterpart. As for your studies, try Adderal, or focus harder and try to identify and cut out things that distract you during your study sessions. (Internet, 4chan, video gays etv.) Basic chem is mostly memorization of certain formulas no? Try flash cards, they might help you
>>
Learn to be humble, a rare trait on this website.
>>
>>18255103
Yea. I'm definitely feeling the first. Is there any way to deal with this? I genuinely cannot convince myself that I am not as smart as I think I am.
>>
>>18255127
Punch above your weight and fuck up hard. Or, if you succeed, you know you're as much hot shit as you think you are.
>>
>>18255127
No. You could try all kind of self help bs like joining the cults of LessWrong or makingsense but you dont seem that driven and those could make your feelings of superiority worse if you go into it half heartedly.

I would say its probably better for you to stop seeing it as a problem and just accept that its part of your personality. Eventually you will either achieve at the level you think you are or have enough humbling experience s like>>18255137 says that you will realize your true ability
>>
>>18255127
>I genuinely cannot convince myself
If you can't reason yourself into it, prove it

>time again i am proved wrong
Stick with this. You'll figure it out.

Maybe try acid, or shrooms.
Psychedelics slow down the mental systems responsible for filtering your perceptions for significance and expectations.
This allows users to experience both the physical world and their own thoughts or beliefs, in a novel, unbiased manner.
Has demonstrated great potential for dramatic self-realization, which is the reason people report being forever changed by psychedelic experiences.
>>
File: received_195713780946856-1.jpg (195KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
received_195713780946856-1.jpg
195KB, 720x405px
>>18255103
>>
>>18255226
This episode was a good fap.
>>
>>18255068
I believe myself to be naturally no better or worse off than anyone else and am constantly surprised by how I'm almost always right about things. For example, I've gotten into discussions about topics and problems that I have no prior experience with and then intuitively come to actually good solutions or intuitively understand how something would be and then I or others factcheck me and I'm correct.

However I don't have a superiority complex because I understand that literally everyone else can do this if they just stop themselves from being fearful, living in denial and also that most people have fake faith themselves to avoid having to admit when they fuck up instead of actual self-confidence.

Basically, OP, admit to yourself where you REALLY fucked up in life and begin working to fix it. Your brain is overcompensating for your crushing depression due to other problems in your life by effectively giving you false praise. Likely to keep you from killing yourself, but it's just bailing out water instead of fixing the hole.

Git Gud.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.