[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jealous of my internet friends partner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: question everything.jpg (247KB, 990x1426px) Image search: [Google]
question everything.jpg
247KB, 990x1426px
I have a really good friend of mine on the internet that I talked to for awhile. I was hanging out with them watching a stream and their new partner was there, as they were flirting I felt myself getting jealous. Now I feel I can't talk to them anymore because I'm afraid of of the simmering jealousy turning into bitterness towards them.

Should I talk to them about this straight up or should I just fade away and gradually cut off contact? I'm thinking they never had those kind of feelings for me and I was unsure at worst if I did awhile ago, but I guess it was more powerful than I thought.
>>
>>18254937
See that's fucked up to flirt and shit when your hanging out. So many people just throw away friends to fuck someone or date them. Honestly I wouldn't talk with them or hangout anymore. I recently cut a friendship off because I was getting shitty short responses and barely talked to. I always felt like I was annoying and in the way trying to talk or hangout and I thought why the fuck do I want a friendship like this. Feeling like this when I wanna talk to my friend.
>>
>>18255045
And the worst thing is it'll be worse if you do cut contact because you'll be waiting by the phone for a text from them asking what's wrong or why you haven't said nothing in a while and you get nothing. All of their free time is focused on them now and not you. Chances are none of them give a fuck about you not talking to them anymore because they have each other.

I know I sound harsh but I'm only doing this because it happened to me and I took way too long to understand what happened and why and i want you to accept it and move on quicker than I was able to
>>
>>18255045
>>18255056
You sound like a terrible friend anyway. This sort of thing happens, and you'd do it if you had a partner too. Get over it, people are allowed to hang out with their partner.
>>
>>18255060
OP here, I know that. I just feel intense jealousy bubbling.
>>
>>18255062
The jealousy is up to you to manage, and it's not fair on your friend if you just cut them off because of it. Ultimately you need to look after yourself and if you're getting jealous then there's really no choice, but you're not a good friend for doing so.
>>
>>18255066
So should I talk to them about it?
>>
>>18255075
How's that going to help? I just told you it's up to you to manage your jealousy.
>>
>>18255060
so your telling me its justified to just abandon everyone you know, not talk with them or ditch them just to hangout with some random guy you met? You sound like a dumbass. People can do a balance of both no problem but to just ditch them and go dark is horrible
>>
>>18255220
>so your telling me its justified to just abandon everyone you know, not talk with them or ditch them just to hangout with some random guy you met

I think you need to reread the thread because you seem lost.
>>
>>18255229
no im responding to him saying im a terrible friend
>>
>>18255220
>>18255236
If that's all it takes for you to cut contact and completely erase your friendship, then yes, you are a terrible friend. At the very least, you had a very shallow friendship and it's understandable why your friend wouldn't prioritise you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.