[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be the best version of self?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (101KB, 750x783px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 750x783px
How can I be the best version of me /adv/?

What philosophy should I follow?

Should I adopt a specific routine?

How to stay motivated and productive?
>>
Yes, these questions can all be easily and succinctly answered! Humanity hasn't been struggling with these issues for the entirety of its existence or anything.
>>
>>18254791

be the change you want to see.

Find animal husbandry fucked up?: go vegan

Find the death of many innocent women in developing countries because the fashion industry wants 2 dollar shirts every week: stop buying cheap clothing.
>>
>>18254912
I wish the world wasn't full of failures. Should I kill myself? It will be the change I want to see.
>>
>>18254918
Killing yourself is failure
Trying your hardest and failing is success
>>
File: maslow-pyramid[1].jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid[1].jpg
26KB, 502x369px
>>18254791
Define your values.
Set goals that create more of what you value.
Create a plan that pursues those goals, without violating your values.
Pursue that plan.
Accept mistakes and steps backward as learning experiences; readjust your sights; keep moving forward.
>>
>>18254809
I almost feel stupid for asking such an easy question!

>>18254912
That's a good rule to live by, and a difficult one.

>>18254918
I don't think so dude. Why don't you try to get on anti-depressants? It helped me in a lot of ways

>>18254929
Thank you, screenshotting this & saving the image.
>>
>>18254977
I tried to get some help but only got offered therapy (which I am taking but thanks to our health system I get 1, 40 minute appointment a month which is so useful). Maybe they think I am too young to be depressed so they don't prescribe happy pills. Only my family believe i'm depressed, but even my sister tells me im just lazy and my doctor doesn't give 2 shits about fixing problems just prescribing meds and getting you the fuck out of his office.

Also I heard antidepressants take a long time to find one that works and I ahve some experience with drugs, so I dont fancy the idea of taking a useless pill that is designed to fuck with my brain
>>
>>18255408
Don't knock medicine till you try it Desu. It's more helpful than you think.
>>
>>18255821
I mean the pills that dont work are useless and what if I never find one that does? My govt is stupid as fuck when it comes to medicines, they don't prescribe adderall to anyone, antidepressants are rare but not that uncommon anymore. They would give up on me before I find one that helps because its not private healthcare so they dont make bank from me.

If therapy worked I would just accept it and ask for more, but it doesnt do anything that a good long conversation with a nodding bobblehead wouldn't do
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.