[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying New Things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1491637923908.png (382KB, 622x305px) Image search: [Google]
1491637923908.png
382KB, 622x305px
What things have you forced yourself to try that has drastically improved your life? I'm looking to break out of my comfort zone as my life is starting to drag, I've started playing D&D for some human interaction but we only meet up once per week.
>>
>>18251221
I wouldnt call playing DnD drastically improving your life. Things that would be considered drastic improvement would be stuff like

> Losing weight and getting in shape if your fat

> Going to school for a career you want

>Getting a job no matter how bad or low paying it is

>Getting hobbies and making stuff

Getting out of the house to play DnD isn't bad persay but its nothing to brag about. The best thing to do is think of talking to someone that doesn't like the same nerdy stuff you do and try to build up things to talk to that person with. Like oh I do this for a living, or last week i went to this place and did this. Just build raport to talk with people who you wouldnt normally be able to talk with
>>
working was a big one

in all honesty though, not really. my comfort zone is very comfortable. breaking out of it is overrated
>>
>>18251221
Hiking. Lots of fun, get some sun, and a decent workout. Bonus points if there's rivers nearby to swim in. Bust out my hammock when we take a break and smoke a blunt. Love it.
>>
>>18251226
I didn't mean D&D drastically improved my life, just that it's all I've done to break out of my comfort zone so far. I've got a job I enjoy, am in shape and make conversation with people easily but I'm still not satisfied so I'm looking for suggestions from people.
>>
>>18251233
Pretty good idea now that the weather has started to improve.
>>
>>18251269
Go to the gym and get the body you want.

Get a few gqs and dress better. Learn how to style yourself.

Do some creative writing. Start by defining yourself. Who are your parents? What are your fears? What are your goals, even if they're your pipe dreams? What are your needs and desires? What are your values? When you find a personal deficiency then write a narritive with the theme of improving in that area. If you are a complete philistine this may be hard, but strive to do it anyway. I wrote a short film about how trust issues destroy relationships before they atart and then I ballzed up and got another gf and am in a healthy relationship rather than wallowing in trust issues and stagnation.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.