[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can people live knowing that right now a ton of horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
How do people live with the fact that there are countless horrible acts taking place in the world right now? Is it because they have managed to not feel empathy for people they don't know? Is it because they are not aware of them or are in denial of them?
I'm talking about stuff like how somewhere in the world, right now, someone is raping someone, torturing someone, torturing an animal, etc. just because they can. How can people go on with their every day lives not thinking about this? Do they just pretend it's not true or have they built a shield in their mind to not feel anything for people they don't know and pretend it's okay?

I'm aware that accepting you can't save the world is part of it but I still don't get how people are not worried about the horrors of the world. I know that my way of thinking is probably childish or stupid so how do I fix my mind and be like everyone else in this matter?
>>
i just donnt gove a fuck if it doesn't concern me directly. why
should i? if i start this shit then it is a bottomless pit that will make you suicidal in the end.
>>
You need to accept that the universe doesn't give a fuck about itself
If you really want to you can do some volunteering to help rape victims or what have you, I'm sure your town/city has some associations for that
>>
1. I can't help it.
2. I have my own problems.
3. The people around me depwnd on me to be of sound mind so that I can provide for them.
4. Life's a bitch but I deal with it.
5. Feeling sorry for someone doesn't make their situation better. If it bothers you that much go out and do something to support a cause that you believe in. Donate to child cancer research once a month. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or an animal shelter. If you're not going to do anything to negate some of the negativity that you see in the world you lose your right to bitch about any of it in the first place. Quit being a whiny little baby and go be a contributing member of society.
>>
>>18250804
>>18250798
>>18250793
Thanks, you are right.
Well I actually was involved in some charity groups until I stopped recently, I really should get back into that. I just feel bad about things that I can't change or that won't ever change, like what goes on in other countries or stuff that only the governments could maybe stop if they really wanted to, but that will still happen because of the nature of humans (that there will always be a ton of people who are evil just because they can).
>>
>>18250813
If you're truly interested in that sort of thing, rally up people and start your own volunteering/citizen gathering/political association
>>
(>>18250813)
I want to add that while I felt good about volunteering I still felt cheated on because I felt that it was useless since the root of the problems are not being fixed by the governments and the people who actually have the money and power to fix things but don't want to. I know that this is relative though.
>>
>>18250821
Then start your own political movement or join politics to try to make the world a better place
>>
>>18250821
The best thing that a responsible person can do is start a good family and raise their own children (perhaps adopt) into upstanding and productive individuals. The purpose of life in our society is to pass on our values to our young. Some of them get fucked up along the way and do weird things that hurt other people. You can't let that stop you. Press on. The negative stuff will be there whether you dwell on it or not.
>>
>>18250845
This is true.

Thanks for the good advice, anons!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.