[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't Sleep Alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Patrick.png (37KB, 162x260px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick.png
37KB, 162x260px
So I'm not sure why, but I can't sleep alone without a bad feeling. It's not exactly a feeling of being scared, but I'm not sure what it is. Is there like a mental disease or some shit that I don't know about?
>>
>>18249558

how did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>18249558
You probably have an unhealthy attachment style of some sort. Did you sleep with your mother/father/sibling a lot while growing up?
>>
>>18249564

>unhealthy

i disagree with that. in what way is it unhealthy to sleep in the same bed as people? people do this in romantic relationships and its called normal, but any thing else is 'unhealthy'.

despite the fact that having your own bed, let alone your own room, is a REALLY new concept in human history, abraham lincoln lived in a time where the whole family shared a bed, where hotels often made strangers sleep in the same beds.

even in the wild humans slept in piles, its not like in documentaries where they all spaced out for no fucking reason, evolution says we sleep together so we can defend our whole family / tribe and stay warm and if we ARE attacked we are less likely to be the one picked off, sleeping alone is how wild animals attack you.

we just say its 'unhealthy' cuz culture says its wrong. not actual logic or biology. the same way being violent is 'unhealthy'. its not. its normal human behavior. we just say its unhealthy because it doesn't fit our culture / societal desires.
>>
>>18249573
Fair point, you're right in that it is not necessarily unhealthy all the time. However, things are vastly different than they were hundreds or thousands of years ago, most of us live in a much more independently focused society nowadays, and in OPs case I would say that relying on someone else's body being present in order for them to achieve proper sleep would be considered unhealthy at this time.

No reason to debate semantics though.
>>
>>18249586

>would be considered unhealthy at this time

why? for what reason? how? unhealthy is literally just something detrimentel to health. this isn't. this is literally the natural instinct overpowering the desure to 'fit in'.

thats not unhealthy. you can't say something is unhealthy for a culture just disapproved of
>>
>>18249573
Whoa dude, we get it, incest is fine as long as you don't have kids. Calm down
>>
>>18249601

except for how thats not even a good example because our natural instincts say DONT sleep with your siblings, but the fact that you relate wanting to sleep in the same bed with someone as to incest is pretty telling.
>>
>>18249599
It's unhealthy because OP is losing sleep, which is detrimental to one's health.

It's not unhealthy for any societal or cultural reason, it's unhealthy because it can lead to actual health problems.
>>
it's because the time before you sleep, when your mind quiets down, is when your most acutely aware of the inexorable movement of time. the filtering of the grains of sand in your life's hourglass draining away while you're all alone. it's not that you are alone, its that you are focused because you are alone. there is no distraction on the draining of your life.
>>
>>18249558
JESUS CHRIST is the answer you are looking for. That bad feeling you have is bad spirits in the room with you.
>>
>>18249818

so its not unhealthy that he needs this. its unhealthy that hes being denied it.
>>
>>18249943
No, because OP relying on others to take care of his needs is not conducive to living in modern society. It's not societies job to take care of each person's individual needs.

That's like saying OP doesn't have a job, but it's not his fault and society should just pay him to exist. With that mindset, most of the modern world would be fucked by having to cater to every special snowflake's ludicrous desires.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.