[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: interview.png (100KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
interview.png
100KB, 500x522px
So I landed a job interview for Applebee's on Monday. How do I not sperg out during the interview? Any general tips towards interviews are appreciated as well :)
>>
>>18249369
Be honest, but not much.

I fucked up with this in my first interview and ended up losing the job.
>>
One of the most important rings you can do is smile, and make eye contact while giving them a firm handshake. This sounds like a dumb meme, but I've read hiring handbooks for managers and it's literally the first thing it says to look out for.
>>
Since its Applebees I wouldn't worry too much. Say you have experience and have worked at X,Y,Z. You have worked with serving computers, can handle money and credit cards, and have experience with customer service.
>>
>>18249412
I applied for two spots: Sever and Cook
I don't really care which one I get

>never had a job
>only job experience is "volunteering" at a poll station during the elections (paid)
>senior in HS, 18yo
>2 years in HS culinary & currently in a chef/fine dining internship
>>
Dunno if it counts as 'advice' but if this is your first job, your "interview" might be just "when can you start?" My first interview was that, and so was most of my friends'.

I guess don't stress about it.
>>
It's Applebee's. Dont worry.

But to address your concern, make sure you give eye contact, smile, and give a firm handshake. This is not a meme. Do this.

Answer their questions to the best of your ability. Don't give short answers. Elaborate.

Talk about the importance of customer service, efficiency and adherence to policy in relation to the job. Tell them how much you exemplify those values.

If the interviewer mentions their kids, ask them about it. Feign interest in whatever they are saying. Normies love to talk especially to someone intently listening.
>oh, how many you got? 4!?!? that must be handful, how do you manage??
Shit like that.

Every interview I've had has always been great. Normies have a tough time seeing the facade in such a short amount of time.
>>
Ill double down on the memes people are posting. People love handshakes, eye contact, and smiling. >>18249506 What this guy says is golden too. The best thing you can do in a conversation is involve the other person, even if the interview about you. Word for word what he says is right. Controlling the flow of conversation with anyone is necessary and it shows you have good social skills, and even means you don't have to do all the talking as long as you show interest. Honestly if they have seen your resume chances are they know your qualifications and don't need a life story. They want to know you can interact with others, work as a team member, and present yourself accordingly in the establishment.

Go into the interview with the mindset of "They wouldn't have invited me if they didn't want me or weren't considering me." Convince yourself that you would be doing THEM a favor by being a staff member, but don't come off as cocky. Ask questions. Nobody actually does a ton of research.
>>
>>18249369

Fuck Applebees. Move to the northwest, get a job working where there's no limit on overtime. Your body will be best but it's better than being cucked by the crumby dollars they leave you as tips
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.