[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neurotic "well technically..." arguers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tenor-2.gif (110KB, 220x119px) Image search: [Google]
tenor-2.gif
110KB, 220x119px
Basically Pic related sums it up.

When I was a kid I first realized what frivolous arguers were. I still don't know what to call them but I've always been able to detect them since.

It goes like this: Asking somebody to hand you a screwdriver

>"Hey, I need that screwdriver next to you"
>"well technically you don't need it, I mean are you going to die without it?"
>"dude, I need to get this shit finished"
>"well technically you don't need to finish the job, you won't die if it's not finished"
>"I need the money I get from the job"
>"well technically you don't need money, you could use other means to survive, I mean what did the ancients do before they created money?"
>"are you going to help me or not?"
>"oh did you want me to hand you the screwdriver? Because technically you just stated that you need it and never requested that I hand it to you"
>"hand me that damn screwdriver!!!"
>"well technically it doesn't drive screws, you do, it's just the intermediary device in the transmission of force"
>"I'm going to fucking kill you with this breaker bar"
>"so you and the breaker bar are going to kill me? Because technically you're going to USE the bar to - "
> ****WHACK*****

When I was about 11 years old, I learned that it's just easy to let them think they won something and the first few times they'll smugly grin and basically do their "nanana boo boo" tone of voice and run off satisfied. After so many encounters, though, they see that I'm not engaging them and giving them what they want, which is to create a challenge and win, and it frustrates them to no end, which is fucking gratifying having that control over them.

I have then just said "well if that helps you sleep at night", shrugged and walked away or ignored them or if they persist, just sarcastically and demeaningly say "izat right?" or "oh yeah?" even though I'm clearly not listening.

Now one of these turds works at my company... (part 2)
>>
He's not a manager, has no official title, but is the son of one of the highest-ups.

He just blew in and has free-reign of the whole place. He can say and request anything he wants and is basically a Sheldon (of big bang fagdom)

He can NOT encounter me without it devolving into his neurotic bullshit. I can't deck him, or I would have by now, and I can't necessarily smart off to him.

What is the most passive aggressive way to win and piss him off while retaining a plausible deniability?

Also, is there a word for people with this kind of dissorder? I need it so I can fling it in their faces every time I encounter them.
>>
>>18249117
Retard?
Autistic?

Ignoring him and not letting him ruin your day would be big. Keep on keeping on. Let him see how he does not matter to you at all.
>>
>>18249175
I can't be rude and I can't let him get one over on me. if not for my job, I'd have knocked a couple of his teeth out by now and smashed up his car.
>>
>>18249117
>What is the most passive aggressive way to win and piss him off while retaining a plausible deniability?
>>18249241
>and I can't let him get one over on me
be an adult you retard. Will him being a fucktard fuck you up in the long run? No? Then get over it.
>>
>>18249241
>if not for my job, I'd have knocked a couple of his teeth out by now and smashed up his car.
This doesn't sound healthy. I think you should work through these feelings.

Really ask yourself "why do I feel so angry about this?". Concentrate on the feeling and let it be what it is. Don't rationalize it.

Do you feel fear? What do you fear these situations do? Towards whom or what do you really feel it? Are you angry because you were in a hurry? Do you fear that person made you look stupid? Could you also be angry to yourself? And I'm not blaming you here: I'm just helping you to consider all possibilities. Don't fear to really consider the stupid questions too. What reactions does your body have to these feelings? Do your stomach, hands or jaw react? Why do you think that person does it? Does he know he does it and that it annoys others? Could he himself also feel annoyed, shameful or sad about his habit?

Next time you have these feelings just talk about them. But don't say "This is stupid! You are annoying! Why you have to always be like that?!". Rather say "I felt frustrated when you corrected me on that thing. I know you didn't mean it that way. I guess I don't really see the difference. I also feel little anxious to talk or work with you because I worry you might correct me again. I still would like to work with you and work through these feelings. What do you think?".

Don't make this about them and make this about you. Don't tell them to change and offer to change yourself. I'm sure they will still change themselves too. Talk about what you feel and think about what they did and not just what they did. Give very precise examples and avoid the word "always". Talk about their words and actions not about their personality. Give them time and chance to speak. Say "I don't know" and "I need to think about that" if you need to.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY praise even the smallest changes they make. "I really enjoyed the conversation with you."
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.