[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is weed addictive? I started off smoking with my friends but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2993.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Is weed addictive?

I started off smoking with my friends but now I smoke daily just so I can feel confident and "myself"
>>
Do you rely on it?
>>
>>18248758
Physically addictive, no.
But literally anything has the potential to be emotionally/mentally addictive.
>>
>>18248761
I was prescribed it to treat depression and now I feel twice as depressed without it
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 380x380px
>>18248758
It could have been worse.

Try to do something better with your free time.
>>
>>18248758
It's not physically addictive but it can become a behavioral addiction

Just use it in moderation. like a reward after you have done all your productive shit for the day. And don't do it too much so your tolerance stays low
>>
>>18248758
The worst thing about weed use is that it makes you not care about not caring. I watched close friends with excellent prospects in paid professional sports go from being paid to play, to smoking so much that they didn't even give a crap about going to tryouts anymore. Now both are bricklayers. Not crapping on bricklayers here, but just saying if it weren't for weed, they'd still be getting paid to play football.

Weed will rob you of your desire to succeed. Snoop Dogg and others are RARE exceptions to that rule- and look how they got famous- by being known for smoking alot of weed (and rapping incidentally also, I hear).
>>
>>18248758
Just dont smoke daily or youll drain your motivation and feel like shit. You get withdrawal, and end up depending on weed to feel yourself again
>>
>>18248986
>LSD physical harm > cannabis
this only makes sense if the data includes RC's and psychotic breaks
>>
Anything that fucks with brain receptors can be addictive. Why the fuck can't potnheads admit this?
>>
>>18250031
Because weed specifically impacts the functions and growth of your frontal lobe, which is the part of the brain required for looking critically at yourself.
>>
>>18248758
It's a crutch.

Even watching people get addicted to caffeine; one of the most "tame" drugs in the world, breaks my soul.

Work at a Starbucks because I liked the uniform and liked the above-minimum wage, but if I hear ONE more middle-aged soccer mom tell me "AYYY DON'T TALK TO MEH UNTILLL I'VE HAD MEH CURFEE!", I'm going to crash my car into the nearest local orphanage I can find.

Extremely off-putting when people decide to replace their identities with some arbitrary substance. Hint-hint, liking weed isn't a "personality".
>>
>>18248758
>Addictive?
Not exactly, but you can definitely quit without much effort. What you're feeling is all psychological. The idea of going the week without weed doesnt aound appealing does it? Yet if you actually go the week without weed, it's easy. Hope that makes sense
>everyday to feel "myself"
That's a classic case of psychological dependence. I used to be the same way. I could only be social and let loose after a joint.
>>
>>18250050

Y'know that the growth of the frontal lobe part only affects teenagers who are still growing, not full fledged adults.

Also, pot is as addictive as anything else - TV. Food. Video games. The internet. Alcohol. It's your mind that makes something addictive less than the substance itself.
>>
>>18250212

This dude knows what's up.
>>
>>18248758

What all the pro legalized weed people don't tell you is it definitely is mentally addictive. You wont have physical withdraws like you would with something like codeine or Xanax but it's easy to get to a point where you REALLY don't want to not smoke. You'll have to adapted to no longer being stoned all the time and dealing with that more plain (boring) reality.
>>
>>18250266
Your frontal lobe specifically doesn't finish developing until you're in your mid twenties.

>It's your mind that makes something addictive less than the substance itself.
Yes? This is what addiction is.
>>
>>18248758
what is the best way to get thc out of your system?
>>
Yeah absolutely. More often mentally than physically but even physical addiction is possible, and at the end of the day when it fucks with your life and getting anything done it also doesn't endlessly matter what the source of the addiction is. Just that you depend on it.

>>18250308
I agree that pro legalizing camp often makes it sound like weed has zero downsides and will cure any cancer in the process of enhancing your life.

That said, alcohol is incredibly addictive even compared to other drugs. Yeah weed's a drug and comes with many downsides but that doesn't make it a rarity among drugs, just not harmless in any way like some would have you believe.
>>
>>18250271
This dude knows what's up's what's up.
>>
>>18248764
>>18249514
>>18250031
>>18250212
All these.

I smoked for over 15 years. That's almost as long as some of the people here have been alive...

What they all said, it's not physically addictive like alcohol or dope but it totally fucks with you behaviorally. If you smoked as much as I did you became dependent on it to eat, sleep, and pretty much do any activity because it was like "ok, I'm getting high before I do this" you do that for so many years it becomes a habit.

When I quit smoking it was hell for a few weeks. I didn't feel like eating, I had trouble sleeping, and I quit playing video games.

Life after smoking has been better. I'm healthier and more proactive in my day to day life when it comes to improving myself and just doing better in life in general because I'm not constantly apathetic. I got out of a dead end career too. Smoking just made me complacent. I worked hard, but I worked hard at a shitty job.

I'll smoke occasionally now. Like once every other month because some of the people at my poker game smoke.
>>
>>18248758
Anything can be addictive. It's how you manage it that matters. Cut back on weed for a long while and see how you feel.
>>
>>18251106
niacin pills and cranberry juice
>>
>>18252706
answer cont.
take enough niacin pills (3-4) to experience that "flush" feeling of a hot redness and almost itchy skin then flush with as much cranberry juice you can drink in a sitting... hour later, repeat.
>>
File: Astrea-Dear_08rgb_230pxlH.jpg (42KB, 172x230px) Image search: [Google]
Astrea-Dear_08rgb_230pxlH.jpg
42KB, 172x230px
>>18248758
>>
>>18250212
Well caffeine is more physically addictive than weed, and as in coffee if you drink a cup or coffee or smoke a little every then without doing it an habit i think you'll be ok
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.