[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Challenging a decline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
So I applied for a job that I very much think is perfect for my current situation with regards to future plans and I got declined. Somebody told me that maybe I should call back "why it didn't work out" and hopefully weasel my way into the position this way. I'm very tempted to try, but I live in a country where such persistence is regarded with litle respect, people usually feel pestered more than intrigued.

So I'm wondering if I should still go through with it on monday or if I should just swallow my pride and leave the situation be.

I feel I should bcause I rarely stand up for myself and if there ever was a moment to grow a spine it is now, however I'm afraid I may cause more damage than good.
>>
>>18248289

is there any countr where 'why didnt i get the job?' is seen as anything other than annoying and whiny?

applying for a job is like asking out a girl. there isn't usually a reason you DIDNT get the job/girl, and if there was, it'd be really obvious to you already.

but when you got potentially dozens of people all of whom could handle the job/girl just fine, it ends up going to just whoever the interviewer/girl actually got along with. it doesn't say anything negative about anything else, it just says 'hey this person felt like a better fit to me specifically'.
>>
>>18248289

jobs dont care if its perfect for your 'current situation with regards to future plans'. if you call and ask they likely wont remember why you got declined, they will just say they chose someone else. and with only one job to fill it just goes to whoever they think is best, not to whoever thinks it would be perfect for their current situation.

you cannot weasel in by asking what you did wrong they wont say 'wow, you're right, you meet the basic requirements, were gonn afire the guy we chose and go with you'.
>>
>>18248296
I know my want for the position isn't an argument, I wrote that to explain my motivation for this thread.
>>
Fuck off, they hired someone better than you, that's why
>>
>>18248295
I don't know, man. People also told me to call a job while they where evaluating who to pick and it broke down as some mindgame to put you in their heads which is supposed to increase your chances.
>>
>>18248352

people aren't as easily manipulated as you think. if they were, you'd be in their position.

i remember being told to go in and ask about the progress. I showed up at the job, i called, I emailed, the guy said he was desperate to hire and was understaffed and that hes just been too busy to get to it yet but he'll definitely give me a call.

never heard from him.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.