[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jealousy/actualization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I grew up in a dormitory throughout my high school years. During my freshman year, I befriended a kid that would become a great friend and motivator for me, however since the inception of our friendship I always felt inadequate compared to him.

He always seemed more intelligent, more keen, more charismatic, and outgoing than I could ever be. He had a naturally athletic build so he could garner attention from girls easier than I. I was a lanky doofus with no sense of direction. He just inherently understood that if you want something in the world, one has to up and get it.

He made conscious efforts to get girls that caught his eye. He never shied away from speaking his mind while I would just keep most of my thoughts to myself.

We're still friends to this day (20 years old), and I always feel like he's leagues ahead of me at living life.

TL;DR I'm a directionless fuck that's tired of projecting insecurities onto awesome people. How do I actualize?
>>
>>18248172
if you can't learn from the examples the people in your life are clearly setting for you, IDK how you expect that we'll be able to help you.
>>
You can learn from him. You seem to know what you should do, so do them.
>>
If was truly your friend, he would be helping you achieve your goals, encouraging change, motivating you even more! AND he would be helping you trying to pull chicks! Talk to him tell, him how you feel. IF his reaction is a willingness to change and help you, continue. If not, he's not really a beneficial friend, in terms of self betterment. The problem lies with yourself, regarding the following, not speaking up, not making an effort with girls, you not getting up and getting what you want in life.. ALL that shit is yours to fix! Fucking speak your mind, learn to gain self respect but also be free and not give a fuck, try and try with girls, the more you try the more you learn. And if you really wanna fuck girls it aint that hard, aim low stop aiming high.

I've gained weight but still can fuck that majority of girls, im funny, charismatic, and in general can run my mouth. BUT WHAT TRULY gets you pussy is humour, and physical appearance, if you don't have the looks you better have the talk. NOW look if you don't have any, you're fucked, so work on it!.
>>
>>18248229
(OP) Now that you mention it, I did mention my self-loathing and feelings of inadequacy to him and the only reply I got was to "Change the way I look at it". No tips on how he got to such a solid place with himself

You're spot on with the humor and physical appearance part. How'd you get that confident?
>>
>>18248240
>No tips on how he got to such a solid place with himself
Don't take it personally. The thing about successful people is that the vast majority of them acquired the skills that make them successful before they really understood that there was another way to do things. That's why "just b urself lol" is a little bit of wisdom that gets thrown around so often. It actually works for the people who say it.
>>
>>18248267
(OP) That's where the jealousy comes in. Sometimes I legitimately wished I could wear his skin for this exact reason.

What if I'm genetically predisposed to be a piece of shit?
>>
>>18248229
>>18248240

I was never always confident especially during middle school and approaching high school, I was bullied, and took some shit here and there. I have a good support system at home so stimulation for success was never a problem, however I had to get over this hurdle myself, as I grew older I really started using my ability to "chat shit" or use my big mouth to my advantage, being funny and quick with punch lines and so forth. I then grew physically, started training kickboxing and learned fight, even though I was not a star athlete nor did I or do I have a killer physique but I CAN REALLY kick the shit out of someone!! This is what lead to me becoming more alpha, not the fighting but the big mouth the open mind, I say whatever I want and I believe whatever I want, even back at school I always would second guess the material teach taught me. IM smart, but not the book smart "nerd" for lack of better terms. So moving on, I found the skills and some came naturally and others were learnt, btw this shit doesn't happen overnight, I still have ups and downs we're only human.

Well one I have a brother who was much older than me by like 8 years, so he was mature and had his shit together. He is my true role model! I think thats step 1) Finding someone to look up to, a "mentor" I using that term loosely as no one can really do it for you or really teach you but, you can learn. 2) I think its important you find a group at school to be apart of LIFE is still like that typical highschool shit, THE jocks the geeks blah blah blah, people will always stay in their respective groups this is how people become friends and create their friend groups. POINT look into some clubs.
>>
>>18248311
(OP) Thanks for the insight, it's duly appreciated
>>
>>18248240

Everyone has insecurities, PERIOD.
With girls as an example there's so many fish in the sea don't fucking worry if she says NO. I study woman. Had a bunch of female friends still do, one there my eye candy and they no this. 2) I know as a fact some of these girls use me and I use them, hahaha that's how the fucking cookie crumbles. 3) I can read which girl friendzones me and the one that don't. POINT study women, it's a game.

I'm practically a King in my city (Amsterdam EU) I have a name and a Rep, promoters know me, club owners all that shit. But this is done through me being me, im not a poser, this is where the "be you" shit comes into play, faking it till you make it is okay! But you still wanna be somewhat "Real", you catch my drift? PEOPLE like REAl.
>>
>>18248325
No worries never mind helping a brother out!
>>
>>18248328
(OP) That makes sense. You're bound to attract something by consistently putting yourself out in your world

Point taken. Trial and error
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.