[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can cure depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1475242010707.png (51KB, 747x521px) Image search: [Google]
1475242010707.png
51KB, 747x521px
A good friend said to me he has depression and I want to help him

I already said that he needs

>willpower
>sports
>finding a hobby
>watching movies that motivate
>positive thinking

What else I can do to help him?
>>
>>18247765
Have sex with him.
>>
>>18247775
Yo im not homo
>>
Jesus christ dude. You fucked up here

>willpower
Stupid suggestion
>sports
Good suggestion, endorphins and social contact definitely help.
>finding a hobby
Hobbies do not distract from the eternal nothingness that is depression
>watching movies that motivate
Completely stupid suggestion
>positive thinking
Stupid thing to suggest to a depressed person, you can't just ''positive think'' depression away, jesus dude
>>
>>18247781
Sigh, what can I say instead that all
>>
>>18247781
>Stupid suggestion
It helped me.

>Hobbies do not distract from the eternal nothingness that is depression
Did for me.

>Completely stupid suggestion
Agreed.

>Stupid thing to suggest to a depressed person, you can't just ''positive think'' depression away, jesus dude
Yeah but you can't get over depression if you aren't trying to be positive.

Well I mean you CAN do that but you'll be totally dependent on the drugs if you do that.
>>
>>18247790
>>18247781

How do I make him having willpower?
>>
pls adv
>>
>>18247824
You don't.
>>
Yeah, I'm interested too. But some kind of sports and a job should do the trick.
>>
>>18247866
I do
>>
>>18247765
Listen, don't talk.

Don't offer advice or solutions. Just encourage him to talk about his feelings. The opportunity to say them out loud, and the warmth of having someone hear him unjudgmentally will do him more good than any "willpower" sermons.
>>
>>18247879
No, you don't.

Because "depression" can be anything from a brief rut in your social life to a serious medical condition you NEED drugs and professional help to treat. When you say he's depressed that doesn't tell us shit.

There's a reason doctors handle this shit, not plebs. You wouldn't get on 4chan to ask how to cure your friend's lukemia or broken leg, would you? So get the fuck out of here with this, "how i fix depressn" shit.
>>
>>18247889
>NEED Drugs

ehh no

>comparing leukemia and a broken leg with depression

nigga u retarded or smth

He was my best friend back then, we had so much fun and did so much crap..

Now he is a boring, sad person who can't get out of his bed and avoids everyone. Hey I can atleast try it.
>>
>>18247919
Okay, you're either one of those psychology truthers who thinks you can just man up to get over mental diseases, or you're a troll. Either way, we're done here.
>>
>>18247933
If you really think you need drugs to cure depression, then you're simply delusional. My mom had 5 years depression and she was addicted to take this shit.
>>
bumperino
>>
Kill yourself to show him that "it gets better"
>>
>>18248114
Lol why so mad bruh
>>
>>18247889
/thread
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.