[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General anxiety disorder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0074.jpg (86KB, 540x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
86KB, 540x497px
Will keep it short

>as a kid diagnosed with ADHD
>always thought this was wrong my entire life
>but could never prove it
>in adulthood finally decide for sure something else must be wrong
>go to doctor
>get diagnosed with GAD (general anxiety disorder)
>distrust the fuck out of doctors so do research on my own
>every description fits me perfectly
>as a child was constantly anxious and jittery so never paid attention and bounced off the walls
>in adulthood i panic over every little thing
>now that im aware of it i realize im anxious at least 85% of my day
>every single day
>go back to doctor
>doctor starts shilling multiple kinds of medication to me immediately
>offer no alternative
>"anon medication will help just take it its fine"

I dont want to take shitty drugs. Im so sick and tired of being shilled perscriptions every two seconds of my life. I already take allergy medication and I dont even like doing that. A lot of family members/close family friends have had their lives ruined over perscription drugs and i just wont do it.

Does anyone have any ideas/things theyve done to help anxiety or anxious thoughts? Thanks.
>>
I have anxiety and obsession. Obsessive thoughts, I repeat sentences over and over again, every day...

I have had panic attacks three times.

I went once to a psychologist because of the panic attacks. She tried to find the origin of this axiety and we speak about my problems and frustrations. She explained me how the brain works with traumatic moments and how yo remember them when you are in a similar situation. She did to me one therapy which objective was to replace negative memories or thoughts with positive ones. I went two times because It's expensive (50€) and I begin to feel better.

I didn't believe in psychologists and I still think it is all about you believing in it but yeah it helped me to stop fearing about panic attacks at that moment.

Now I'm fucked up again. Thinking to go the psychologist again because anxiety and especially obsession it's destroying my life. I feel hopeless because I think I will never get rid of this obsession and if one day I get rid of this especifically obsession I will get obssed with another thing because it is what had happened in the past.

The advices I can give you sure you already have listen them but make sports, training, getting tired helps to reduce anxiety and Oslo keeps you occupied some time. Oslo try to change your habits. Being too much time in here for example or in the internet in general just spending time looking random things doesn't help because you feel like of you have no direction. I, for example, have a habit to be with the smartphone in the bed (now I'm typing in th bed) and I want to get rid of this habit but I haven't be able to do it yet. Try to do things outside. Try to read more. Reading increase your concentration and relax your brain. Also you feel good about reading interesting things.

I'm starting to think that mental illness like obsession, depression or anxiety are very hard things. I never thought I can get near to be crazy but now I think it isn't to difficult to get there.
>>
I wish you get better anon. This things are very hard to cure or treat.
>>
>>18246484
Thanks anon.

>>18246479
I tried therapy...it didnt do shit. I dont want doctors, im so sick of them. I just want to comtrol my anxiety. Thats all.
>>
>>18246313

Consider C-PTSD.

Also consider that child abuse isn't just molestation and beatings; psychological abuse leaves enormous invisible scars.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/communication-success/201602/10-signs-narcissistic-parent

http://www.blueknot.org.au/Resources/General-Information/Types-of-child-abuse

http://www.synergiacounselling.com/the-complex-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-cptsd-test/

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
>>
>>18246313
drugs are designed to be used to alleviate symptoms and allow for real therapies to be more effective. they let you get over a bump, but you cant use them to keep you up forever because you will die

try CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy), which you can actually administer to yourself if you dont trust doctors. the basic premise of this is to identify bad thoughts and behaviours and work out where they come from (they are often related). for example, you feel anxious going outside (thought) so you stay indoors (behaviour) which makes the world more mysterious and so increase anxiety (thought)

you need to peel back down these chains and find the root, then recognise that the thought/behaviour is nonsensical. once you do this you can come up with the opposite thought/behaviour, which will be much more realistic and healthy

for example, you may feel anxious going outside because bad things happen outside. but this is silly, because although bad things happen they are very rare, and good things happen too. think about how many times in your life youve been outside the house (innumerable) and a bad* thing happened (very low). so you say to yourself (will be hard to begin), i am not worried about going outside and then you do it. with that, you chase off the bad thoughts and adjust your behaviour to be good. its a gradual process but you will fix everything eventually

* ofc here you may need to dig down even further. i bet youre thinking right now 'well everytime i go outside something bad happens', which is ofc another maligned thought. so then you need to find where that comes from and fix it in the same way
>>
This is by no means a cure. but it might help you alleviate your symptoms.

Try to find ways to lower your cortisol levels, should in part reduce anxiety.
>>
>>18246313
>distrust the fuck out of doctors so do research on my own
>doctor starts shilling multiple kinds of medication to me immediately
Just stop being retarded and take the meds.
>>
>>18247465
No, my mother surely had narcissistic personality disorder. Im completely positive of it. But i dont have ptsd...thats a bit extreme in my opinion.

>>18247524
Medicine wont decide if i can function that day or not. Ive seen medicine make situations a million times worse. No.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.