[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So I quit my job of many years several weeks ago. Since I have not been able to find employment. My old boss said he would not recommend me because I walked out. I'm not saying it's their fault that I can't find employment, but I'm beginning to feel a little boxed in by it all.

Anyways, the place I used to work at has a shit load of health violations that are always swept under the rug whenever the inspectors come around. So I got to thinking I could put together a comprehensive report and go to the inspections office and to the press.

However, the people I know that work there do depend to a degree on that job. And if I went through with it, it would affect them. If nothing else it may close the establishment for a week and decrease client traffic for months.

While I could potentially bring down the hammer for my own spite, I'm thinking the patrons of the establishment should know what their walking into when they choose to use their services. Hence remaining quiet would continue their unknowing compliance of an establishment that is in very serious violations of the law.

Morally it's wrong, but if people are spending money at a place they assume is clean and sanitary when it couldn't be further from the truth, isn't that wrong to the clients?

I'm not too divided on this, as if I were to go through with it, it could have ramifications for me, moresoe than I know and I'd still be jobless, but I'd like to hear some opinions.

Pic related, me if I do this and one of the problems of the establishment
>>
Do it out of spite.
All your coworkers are probably happy that you're gone.
>>
>>18246149
If it were that easy. I got along with a few folks really well, so I'd feel bad if they were put to hardship.

At the same time though no one really cares about the customers either, at least not to the point where they would speak up about it. And when I was going through all that mess, no one came to my aide.
>>
>>18246175
You're obviously not going to do it so why even make a fucking thread.

Instead of wasting time on 4chan you should be looking for a job faggot.

Also
>walking off a job of several years without having another job lined up
You are a fool.
>>
>Perpetuates blackmail
>Gets job
>Nothing happens
>>
>>18246358
>blackmail
I have nothing to gain.

>>18246340
Yeah I thought about that too. If the norm was employees would walk out if they weren't compensated their dues, it'd be a different picture. I'm not going to say I'm not a dumbass for doing it, but this complacent attitude in workplaces isn't helping people either. There was a reason why strikes for a time were something to worry about. These days people just simply put up with it.

And at the same time, it's still fucking over the people paying to be serviced by the business.
>>
>>18246399
You were a union employee? Unless you're in a "right to work" state walking off the job instead of giving proper 2 week notice was in violation of your contract dumbass.

As for your complaints, the union is only what labor (IE you) make of it. If the current leadership is shit make sure all your co-workers know it then run for office in the union. But it's too late for that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.