[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How badly Fked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fked.png (26KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
fked.png
26KB, 198x254px
This is the basics... leaving out a few details because of how complicated it really is...
I made a complaint to my lab professor about my teacher assistants attitude and actions against me during my lab.
The professor tried to defend the teacher assistant but was unable to due to severity of her actions that she did.
2 weeks later ( lab is 1 day a week) the teacher assistant blows up at me and brings up the fact that I made a complaint to the professor about her.
Next week the teacher assistant accuses me of plagiarism and reports me to the professor.
3 days later (soonest the professor was able to see me) I had a meeting with the professor about the allegation and I tried to explain to the professor that I believe that it was only happening due to retaliation for reporting her assistant.
The professor tried to disregard the retaliation allegation that I was making on her teacher assistant no matter how much evidence I was showing her. But since I did already say it was retaliation she asked me to wait to report it so that she can talk to her boss about it because she has never dealt with it before.
3 days later she sent me a email with the official "Academic Misconduct Report" she told me that she talked to her boss and they are going forward with the allegations of plagiarism.
I opened the report and found that in her comments she stated that I was trying to blackmail her into dropping the report by threating to file a retaliation report. But that I stated in the meeting with her that if she dropped the investigation I would drop the retaliation.

I never said anything like that during our meeting and the only reason why I didn't go over her head and report it is because in the guidelines for reporting a retaliation report it stated that I was supposed to report it to the professor and that the professor is supposed to report the allegation to the board within 24hrs... So how badly am I fked by the professor???
>>
You will need to talk to your academic advisor and present a case in front of the board in charge of plagiarism. They handle all these cases. The worst thing that can happen is you fail the course and will be forced to repeat it.

My roommate went through a thing where a friend asked to see his paper, he shared, she copied word for word, and they both got the punishment i described. It went down with an asterisk on his file, and after 18 months if no other allegations ever happpened again, the asterisk would be removed. He got into grad school and all.
>>
>The professor tried to disregard the retaliation allegation that I was making on her teacher assistant no matter how much evidence I was showing her. But since I did already say it was retaliation she asked me to wait to report it so that she can talk to her boss about it because she has never dealt with it before.

Your prof is shady as shit. A professor shouldn't tell you to "wait to report" shit to superiors/independent offices. She was just trying to buy herself time so that she could screw you over and make up the "blackmail" thing (it couldn't be blackmail if the complaint was already filed, because they you couldn't use it as a threat).

The fact that the prof was trying to tell you how to handle filing your own complaint should have set off some alarms, but I can't really blame you. Authority figures are good at fucking with people's heads and we are conditioned to listen to them. This kind of shit could happen to anybody.

The fact that the prof is so willing to protect her TA suggests that the relationship between them is more than purely professional. They are working together to throw you under the bus.

A TA shouldn't even be harassing you for bringing forward a complaint against them in the first place. Were there any witnesses to that episode? It could help support your claim that they are being unfair to you.

Go directly to the dean of your department, or whatever office it is that handles this shit. Don't have things mediated by your prof anymore. Tell the relevant people independently your side of the story. Don't say more to the prof or TA than necessary, they will find a way to use it against you.
>>
>>18245930
Although, it may be worthwhile to speak with your prof in private again to talk about your previous conversation. Have your phone in your pocket and set it to record and try to steer the conversation in a way that has her acknowledging what took place earlier. You might be able to get some solid evidence to put her ass on the line and protect yourself.
>>
Yes people were present for the misconduct from the TA however the professor talks about the incident in question and is stating that she agrees with the TA's response that she had in class and that the TA has every right to not answer any questions that I had in class and also had the right to not help me during the experiment because she believes that it was with the best intentions for me to learn the lessons myself.
>>
>>18245813

You're a plain dick for not talking to the teaching assistant first, BEFORE anyone else.

>So how badly am I fked by the professor???
First and foremost do you go to a public or private university?

But regardless it will likely blow over. The timeline is there, and they dont have certain proof. WORST case you might be put on academic probation which equates to absolutely nothing besides an actual consequence if it happens again.
>>
>>18245813

If you're having trouble with a professor and his/her assistant, go higher. There's usually a board of professors on a committee overseeing parts of the university. If you can't go there, go to the Dean of the school.
>>
>>18245987
The issue of whether your complaints had merit, and the issue of whether you have a right to submit complaints without being harassed, are two separate things. Even if your complaint was baseless, that doesn't give your TA the right to make a deal of it to you. If these people were professional, they would just say "there is nothing wrong with the TA's conduct" and leave it at that.

But no, the TA is blowing up on you and drudging up your complaints against them at inappropriate times. This is indefensible. You have every right to seek help about this from the administration.
>>
>>18245987
>>18246006

Yeah and there are many venues to take.

Speak to school counselors, the dean, head of your department, school provided psychologists, etc...

At least one of them will realize what a crock of shit this is and help you out. Though i really doubt it will take much effort to show the misconduct by your TA here.
>>
I had went to the TA for help and problems before this ( I did follow the chain of command ) and I just got done going to the "Department of Employee Development & Compliance Services/Title IX Coordinator however the director refused to see me and sent his assistant to talk to me instead. Which she was just telling me that I'm not allowed to file a report over this issue until after the Academic Misconduct Incident is over
>>
>>18245998
>You're a plain dick for not talking to the teaching assistant first, BEFORE anyone else.

OP isn't a dick for going to a superior about problems with a TA. Sure, it's nice when somebody brings concerns to you instead of going above your head, but It's not like the TA and the student are buddies and the student is telling other friends in their group about beef with this one friend instead of going directly to that one friend. This is a purely professional relationship. The TA can't really be offended about a student voicing concerns about job performance to the person the TA pretty much works under. That's how jobs work.

If the complaint is baseless, they can just be like "upon consideration, we see nothing wrong with the TA's conduct," and that could be the end of it. But instead, the prof and TA are conniving to fuck OP over.
>>
By the way... Once I made the complaint to the professor my grade increased by 20% for doing the same work the same way that I have always done
>>
>>18246026

Just saying treating people in society properly 101 is talking to them about an issue before you go over their head.

Im not saying he should have argued about it with the TA but at least bring it up. Basic social curtsy that almost everyone you ever meet will expect.
>>
>>18246047
I did go to the TA first before the last outburst that happened in the class. However after the complaint for the next 3 grades my grade increase by 20% (taking the highest grade before hand and lowest grade after the complaint)
>>
>>18246061
ah, then good on ya

TA is a dick, hope for the best.

You have shit rights at private schools, hopefully you're at a public one.
>>
I go to Texas A&M
>>
>>18246018
That sucks, but you need to make known the fact that the only reason you didn't file the complaint before was because the prof urged you not to. They should find that suspicious as fuck, because that's clearly not professional and is a conflict of interest.

If they are still unresponsive, go to a different office. When it comes to large bureaucratic organizations, mandates of different departments often overlap, so there is probably more than one route you can take to address this matter. Keep hammering at it because it's going to come down to word-against-word, and the more people who hear your side before being biased by the prof, the better. And the more the prof has to explain things away, the higher the chance that she will slip up and get tangled in her lies. This is serious shit, they are falsely accusing you of blackmail in order to save their own skin for something that should had been a minor thing in the first place.
>>
>>18246093
Thanks for your insight however there is one more big thing about this incident.
I recorded the entire meeting that I had with the professor with her permission even. So I don't know why she would lie on the official document about me after talking to her boss about it. Unless for some reason I will not be allowed to use the recording of the meeting for some reason
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.