[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University Cheating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Nocheating.gif (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nocheating.gif
12KB, 480x480px
I need advice badly. I got caught cheating on my exam. There is hard evidence that I cheated as there is an unauthorized cheat sheet. Which means it was premeditated, and at first I try to shrug it off as "I don't know what that is." But I eventually came clean and told my professor that I confess to this crime.
But I got reported and right now I'm awaiting the penalty. I'm terrified right now. My career is over. And all because I chose to be stupid. I wish I was a better person. But I don't know how to be a better person at this point when I'm about to lose everything and it seems there's no way I can redeem myself.
>>
>>18245496
Lol. Never admit anything. This is your punishment for being stupid enough to get caught. Its honestly not a big deal. First time, you'll fail the course at most and your record will never be shown and will be erased after you finish school
>>
At least you can enjoy knowing that you get to serve as an example for what happens to cheaters. Hopefully you can convince some kids not to be as stupid as you.
>>
What do I do if I get expelled? :/
>>
>>18245512
Go to a different school. Get a job. Move back home. Cry and give up. I donno man, its literally not all that bad.
>>
>>18245512
I would send them a letter if I were you stating how ashamed of yourself you are and anything you can do. talk to an advisor. find someone to help you out. your only hope is taking action right now, not just waiting for the axe to fall. you need to -show- you are deeply sorry and regret it. ask them anything you can do. who knows what can happen, but make an appeal and plead. don't come off as pathetic, but come off as sincere and sorry.
>>
>>18245512
Depends on where you live and what school you go to. In East Europe, where I live (Serbia to be more exact) in most schools (except high end gymnasiums which I don't know about, and I'm talking about high schools) they catch circa 10 students for every 60 that take the test (2x 30 student classes) and they just either get an F on that test or just get their tests taken away and noted that they cheated (but not officially). So please state where you live and what type of school you go to, And is it a uni/high
>>
I live in Canada and it's a university
>>
>>18245552
I've been caught too. University in ottawa. Fail the class at most for first offense
>>
>>18245496

You're fucked. Time to start looking for other options. No uni will probabky take you, so start looking for trades etc. Get a job. Anything. You're a moron, though. I bet the exam wasn't even that bad. Learn from this and don't be an idiot in the future.
>>
>>18245553
How exactly did you cheat though?
I'm in my third year and there is solid evidence I cheated and the fact that I initially attempted to deny it...
>>
>>18245561
How exactly do I get into trades? Will I have to apply to colleges then? I don't have many options and I know I messed up bad. At this point, I'm preparing my mindset as much as possible that I can be expelled and I'm just trying to figure out my other options.
>>
>>18245563
I basically got a "we know you cheated but we can't prove how" letter. We used google docs. My friends got busted twice for the same shit and just failes both classes after denying guilt even though they were proven guilty.
>>
>>18245563
Look. I know how you're feeling right now, but its not that bad. Trust me. You won't be expelled the first time. People rarely are. You can look up the previous 'cases' for your school and see the various punishments.

You already admitted you fucked up. Just claim that it was stress induced and you learned your lesson.
>>
>>18246082
I mean, i don't know where you are in canada but at MOST you will get a probationary period of half a semester to a year. Dont freak out, i said AT MOST. so if that happens tell your parents you want to save up money and work for a year and then just resume school.

This is a business. They make so much god damn money from your tuition that they're mostly just pretending to care so that they don't have a cheating epidemic (which they already do in canada). Hang your head in shame and take your lumps.
>>
>>18246082
The biggest thing I'm worried about is I don't get an official meeting with the associative Dean based on the policies and procedures since with was already reported and I've admitted guilt. So my only opportunity is to appeal the penalty. But I'm terrified, all it'll look like is that I'm trying to make up excuses I bet. So I don't know what to say. I know I should try to fight it but my position is terrible right now.
At best I'll get a suspension, I feel really cynical right now. So I'm trying to prepare for the worst. A failure is fine. Suspension is a sign to work on myself, I will get a job full time, volunteer etc to build my moral so this doesn't happen again. Explusion, I'm done, finished. I can only scrap by pooling the little money I have to attempt admission and traveling costs to multiple universities. What other options that I haven't listed considering these outcomes ?
>>
if i were you i would tell them you only cheated because you've been too depressed to study and be completely honest and maybe even say you've been thinking about suicide or something but not enough to where they take you seriously and put you in a hospital or something. but honestly if you are honest and say you are depressed they'll probably consider giving you a slap on the wrist.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.