[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The prospect of dying alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7021.jpg (51KB, 550x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7021.jpg
51KB, 550x378px
I'm a 25-year old guy who's never had a girlfriend or anyone showing any form of romantic interest. I've always been focused on establishing financial stability on my own. Which I've succeeded in as I'm quite good at making money. But I have to admit I feel saddened in a way, kind of an Ebenezer Scrooge-kind of person. Earning on my own but not really having many friends or girlfriends. Should I embrace the prospect of dying alone and just carry on with what I'm good at or is it possible to change it if needed or even remotely possible. I'm not exactly fun at parties and personality-wise I'm pretty much Rustin Cohle; and I do wish I were like many others instead of this. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>18245370

Have you tried joining classes, clubs and stuff to meet people? Have you tried online dating?
>>
>>18245370
>possible to change
It is absolutely possible to change, life is nowhere close to over at 25. It is just one more skill you need to learn.
Think of something that might be fun you can do with other people and give it a shot. One great thing about money is it gives you options. Take a SCUBA class, go on the dive trip to Florida (or wherever) with the guys at the end of it. There may be cute girls in the class. If not, you may have a group of friends to go diving with. One of those friends may have a sister or a visiting cousin. If you replace SCUBA with waterskiing that is basically how my oldest son found his wife.
>>
>>18245370
>>18245383
Like this anon said, just start doing shit. Go skydiving, learn a Japanese martial art like a fucking weaboo, sign up for classes or go to events. Just start getting around, and eventually you'll have enough experience and stories to tell that people will be naturally drawn to you, and at least some are bound to be interested, if not all.
>>
>>18245375
How do I join clubs if I'm no in school
>>
>>18245370
I were like this some time ago but I don't know you but what worked for me was entertainment. Whenever I had free time or the thought about loving someone I brushed it off doing something that I like (like playing a game, watching videos, reading about something interesting, etc). With time it stopped bothering me and I personally don't think that dying alone is all that bad...
>>
>>18245410

Join a gym to play/do something. Join a board game/roleplaying club. Volunteer somewhere. Join a class (art classes work best, but do anything you like).

Just remember, whatever you do is to meet people and make friends. If you meet a girl, great, but the goal is to revitalize your social circle. With a big enough social circle, you'll keep meeting girls.
>>
>>18245370
You're kinda like me. I am 28 and I can't seem to learn to make good money. Yes, I am independent but there is no growth. The rest is the same-no friends, no personal life.

I tried to not be a Rustin and went the 'nice alley' but people quickly recognized it as a weakness and started exploiting it, you know like making funny remarks, looking at you like you are a weirdo. It really wasn't my jam and I couldn't take it much longer.

Sorry for no advice
>>
>>18245419
That inner longing to get more out of life, explore it.
>>
Every man dies alone.
>>
I'm 26, just recently moved to the more urbanized city area of wealth, found a job and am making decent money.

But I too am in the same boat, feeling alone wondering if i'm just building a foundation for myself just to die alone. I often ask why i'm working hard for, just for myself? For whom else? Suicide crosses my mind often too, or sometimes I fantasize about getting terminal cancer and having only 2 years to live life.

In those 2 years I would quit work and just go explore, get a feel for what life has to offer before my departure.
>>
>>18245370
>I'm a 25-year old guy
> Should I embrace the prospect of dying alone

What's wrong with this generation exactly?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.