[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 on 1 conversations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0

Im a pretty sociable person, i like hanging out and talking with people. problem is, i have no idea how to not be awkward when im talking with someone 1 on 1. i can hold small talk or a passing convo but when it comes to hanging out with 1 person trying to not act autistic seems out of the question.

any advice on how to hold an interesting conversation 1 on 1?

pic not related
>>
THIS IS A BLUE BOARD

MODS
>>
>>18245200
whoops
>>
>>18245200

if you're not going to report them, yelling MODS does nothing. and you can actually get introuble for it.
>>
>>18245194
I used to be bad at 1on1 talks until i actually had shit tot talk about, could be anything really
Since this is /adv/ im guessing 1on1 with girls is the real question here, so here's my advice
>series you watch that she might like
>normie memes
>the fucking weather
it's really not that hard, just dont go full retard on one subject and keep your spaghetti at home
>>
>>18245194
Practice makes perfect.
Not overthing problems also helps.
There is no magic cure for your problems. Docs have happy pills which will only mask your problems and worsen your life in other ways.

Also you can try read books to broden your topics range.
>>
>>18245223
>>18245226
>mostly watch anime
>read psychology or philosophy most of which college age people cant hold conversations in
>cant talk about weather for more than 3 minutes
feelsbadman
>>
>>18245237
Then watch normie shit, detox from robot life
Start going out more, just drinking somewhere on a sunny day with a few classmates is good enough, maybe you could just tag along if they do something together and learn from them, its hard to make conversation if you never have any
>>
>>18245251
its not conversations in general i have a problem with, its 1 on 1 conversations. no one else around.

also i cant stand most normie shit. its not that im a robot im more in between normie and cyborg.
>>
>>18245262
>cant stand normie shit
>not a robot
stop denying

As far as 1on1 goes, its nothing different from talking with a group just find a subject and talk about it and during the conversation another one will pop up
>>
>>18245268
>stop denying
oh yeah i guess you know me better than i know me. especially since were on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>18245194
Judge your audience, OP. The things that you talk about can be as important as the confidence to talk about them. Talking about the benefits of a Trump administration to a radical left wing supporter isn't going to end well, and talking to anyone about your creepy incest kink is a big no-no.

So, in keeping with that theme, find people with similar interests to you. Talk to a nerd about Star Wars or have a chat to a gym rat about bicep curls, it doesn't really matter. Start with places you're comfortable in, and slowly branch out until you're comfortable jumping into most of anything. A lot of the branching out bit can be done with one person - you start talking about something, and then you get onto other topics.

If you really need training wheels, text or use a messaging app first to get comfortable with someone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.