[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I major in ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1492415868733.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1492415868733.png
127KB, 601x508px
>good at math
>bad at programming
I'm not very interested in much and I don't really know what to do
>>
>>18245020
Google career test online and see for yourself.
>>
>>18245020
>good at math
Data science.
Economic risk management.
Statistics.
>>
It's much easier to become good at programming than math.
It takes less practice.
>>
>>18245043
But what if I'm just not born to program
>>
>>18245132
then don't force it. programming is something that if you don't enjoy it there's absolutely no reason to force it.
>>
>>18245020
>I'm not very interested in much
Then don't study yet. Go and enjoy yourself, and you'll eventually find something that you enjoy more than others. Don't go into something just because you think you should, go and study something that you genuinely enjoy so that you don't end up hating your career.
>>
>>18245364
I like it but the quote "programmers are born not made" bothered me Abit
>>
>>18245132
Dude, this is like when you go a party and play videogames.

All the guys at the dorm has been practicing this game for 2 week and you have never played it before.

Then you get your ass handed to you and you start thinking "Maybe i wasn't born to play videogames".

Stop thinking like a fucking loser!

You can learn anything if you just put effort into it. Some things might take longer time, but if you're generally smart and even good at hard things like math you have no excuse!
>>
>>18245455
Thanks anon I'll give it a try
>>
OP math IS programming. If you both good at and enjoy math, then why not major in mathematics! You can add as much or as little programing to your courses as you want, but the more you learn in one, the easier the other becomes. Eventually you may find you're ready to handle programming.

If you are "good at math" as in good at plug-n-chugging calculations and remembering arbitrary shit, then go for engineering,
>>
>>18245020
>good at math
You're still in HS right? I don't know about the US, but usually HS maths is completely different from the college one.
>>
>>18245756
I know basic maths and I enjoy it, once I get to college I'm going to self teach myself the harder stuff
>>
>>18245455
This
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.