[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I mentally ill? This post is probably going to be a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1489216672787.jpg (72KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489216672787.jpg
72KB, 482x427px
Am I mentally ill?

This post is probably going to be a little all over the place. I seem to fuck up everything I do. Like...I donno, I feel like I could've had the world handed to me on a silver fuckin' platter if I could stop this weird cycle I'm in.

It seems like I don't even know what I'm feeling most of the god damn time.

My parents love me and support me but I keep fucking up everything they try to do for me. I'm fucking 25 and only moved out of the house financially independent for the first time 8 months ago for school. My parents have paid for me to go to college twice, and I've failed out or dropped out both times. This time I said I didn't want them to pay for it so I'm about 15 grand in debt right now.

I'm not even doing great in school at the moment. Like, I'm not failing...but I'm not thriving either. Last semester I was on the deans list (need a >3.60 GPA to be on deans list) and this semester I feel like I'm just scraping by. I took this program because I was interested in it. I am interested in it. The content is honestly pretty neat. I started cheating on my web dev assignments this semester because I didn't get Java so I'm like 90% sure I'm gonna be fucked for next year. I've paid people on fiverr to do almost every web dev assignment so far this semester, and like a quarter of them last semester.

I always feel like I start things all gung-ho, ready to do well and start off on the right foot initially but eventually I keep slipping and falling and end up fucking myself over like I'm doing now. I feel like I'm going to fail out next year and disappoint my parents again.
>>
>>18244922
Near the beginning of this semester I went in to the school counselling office and made an initial assessment appointment. I talked about how I was feeling anxious and kind of depressed but, and they said to come in for my next appointment and I never went. I've tried to go once or twice but it's same day appointments only and it's hard to fit that in in between classes and assignments.

I go to sleep and wake up most days with suicide on the brain. For whatever reason when I'm laying in my bed all I can think is "it'd be nice to just eat the barrel of a revolver right now and pull the trigger". Once I'm up and doing stuff I can usually block it out but it's usually there when I wake up and is almost always there when I crawl into bed.

Somewhere along the line I also lost the ability to make friends. I've still got my small group of best friends that I've known since highschool (some earlier than that) but I can't make any more friends. Thank god for those guys. All my friends have moved on from our hometown and met other people and they always tell me the fun shit they do, why can't I do that? One of my best friends moved to China to teach and he met a whole bunch of people over there. I feel like if I did that I'd end up being a fucking loner, very similar to what I'm doing now. Thank god my roommate is one my original friends or else I'd have no one to talk to in this city.
>>
File: 4chan.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>18244922
>>18244927
Whenever I try to start a conversation with someone in my program I feel like I have a foggy brain; I can't carry on a fucking conversation. Most of the people in my program seem like really nice people...but they've sort of formed their little group now and I feel like an outsider. Like, they work with each other on projects and stuff and play video games together. I'm interested in that stuff too but for some reason I have trouble making friends with these guys. It almost feels like it's too late to really form a bond with any of those guys, like I'm seen as "that weird quiet dude" now and when/if I try to talk to any of them they act nice but laugh about me later.

I don't know what to do. I'm so unhappy. I feel like I can probably bluff my way through the rest of my schooling here (only one more year after this semester's done, two year program) but then what? I don't feel like I've learned enough to work in this field at all.

I don't know. I tried seeing a therapist last year for a bit and she sucked. She didn't help me at all. I don't know what I should do here.

Should I try to get diagnosed with anxiety or depression and then get pumped full of meds?

No idea what the right decision to make is
>>
Worry not for illness. Be mindful and practice mindfulness. Pray and meditate in prayer. Blessings be upon you brother. If you love the world, the world will love you back. If you open your heart to the world, the world will open up its heart to you.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
shameful self bump
>>
I think the best thing you can do is try to more narrowly define your problem in a way that helps with the crisis you are in.

From your posts this reads like a motivation problem, which results in lazy behaviors encroaching into all aspects of your life. Only you can truly understand what's going on under the hood though.

That's as far as I can help I think. I also struggle staying motivated and that results in me not reaching my own potential. Maybe other anons can bounce off of this if this is a line of inquiry that speaks to you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.