[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not enjoying life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1475363158362.gif (826KB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1475363158362.gif
826KB, 696x478px
I'm not really enjoying life and I don't know how to change it.

I always thought university was going to be the big "breakout" moment for me but it wasn't. The city I'm in is concrete and bland, there is nothing really going on. The people are uninteresting and mirror the city.
I want to actually breakout and do my Master's in Canada or the US, but that would require something like ~$50,000 which I don't have.

I go through periods of intense depression where I will feel tearful for the entire day. These are actually helpful because it's during these periods I feel most motivated and introspective. Most of the time, however, I feel flat and unmotivated.

I want to make a positive change to try to enjoy life, but I can't.
>>
I love you
>>
Are you seeking treatment for your depression? If not get in therapy and talk to a psychiatrist about if meds would help.

Also what is your job, do you enjoy it? Do you have friends and family with you?
>>
What city?

There is interesting people wherever you go.
>>
>>18244849
T-Thanks anon

>>18244851
I sought treatment for anxiety last year (I had depression but anxiety was most pressing) but it wasn't especially helpful (pills and waiting list for group therapy). I will seem treatment for this depression but I can't rely on it.

I'm studying at uni (enjoy the studying at least), but I'm planning to take on a summer job. I live with my parents when I'm not at university, they're about an hour away. I don't have any friends although I get on with my flatmates.

>>18244852
Southampton.

I do agree with you. I've met some really interesting and good people but my time with them has for various reasons short. My disenchantment began when I met a girl who I talked with for like an hour. I realised that I had never met someone so interesting in all my time here. But she wasn't anything special, she was just a girl who had some life in her. If you see what I mean.
>>
What's does interesting even mean though ?
>>
>>18244934
It's not the best word to have chosen, sorry. I meant something like "passionate," "unique" , etc. It's hard to describe exactly - but I know it's not something I'm imagining, since I've been in places where there has been such an atmosphere, and have met such people.

It feels a little rude to describe the people of the city as "not interesting," so perhaps people who are not very aligned with my personality.
>>
oops

>>18244886
>I will seem treatment
*seek

> various reasons short
*been
>>
>>18244968
The truth is interestingcan differ quite often and I mean honestly a baby can be interesting because he has unexpected behavior
I think it's not just that matching of prefrence and personality
Yes there are people who are very different than us but if you appreciate what is different in them you can find them interesting I am not telling you what you think is rude or wrong but humans constantly change and you can spark their passion so give the people around you a better chance heck some might think the same about you but you might think we'll they don't know me enough? But that can also work on them maybe you aren't asking the right questions
Maybe you aren't even asking anything how would they show you their passion?
You won't meet a published author but you can spark the passion on one keep that in mind :P
>>
>>18245137

I know what you're saying and I realise I do sound rather closed-minded. I do try and get to know people to the best of my ability but I'm not always that good at it. It is, perhaps something I need to get better at.

I do believe I am incompatible with most of the people around me in this city because I said before I've been around people who I describe as "interesting" and know what they are like and they're not just a personality I've dreamt up and tend to inhabit certain places.

For example, I have known my flatmates for nearly a year (some quite intimately) and whilst they are good and friendly people, we are very different and have different outlooks on life (most people in the uni seem like this) - though I have learnt we have more in common than I initially believed. While I do try to bond with and appreciate people with different personalities, it feels kind of varying - sometimes things'll fit like two puzzle pieces and other-times it won't work at all.

I guess I'm coming across as closed-minded again and it is something I intend to work on but I genuinely believe this is a problem with where I am. Nonetheless - I do intend to improve my social input.

Regardless, it's one of many problems I have...

Thanks for your reply!
>>
>>18244934
Amiable, exuberant, eclectic I presume
>>
>>18245499
t. Thesaurus
>>
Anyone else
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.