[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oedipal complex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Hello everyone, i've been in a relationship for 6 months with this guy whose parents are divorced. He's living with his mother, she has never had another man while he's father is seeing someone else.
Yesterday we were talking and he claimed that if his mother finds another one he would be jealous, angry and he would leave his place..
We have a distance relationship so I replied "What if she says that if she can't bring any man at home you couldn't do it as well?" and he said "I would pay a hotel for you", but the problem is that he doesn't study or work .-. (we're both 21)
So I started to get mad because I found his speech ridiculous and I told him that he's mentally deranged.. I didn't mean to hurt him but the truth is that I'm scared and I think that this jealousy isn't normal... What do you think about it?
Now he's angry and we're not talking.. What should I do?
>>
>>18244605
You called it exactly how you saw it -
Nothing to feel bad about.

Regardless of how you see it, if what you've said is true, the dude is a manchild who leeches off his mother both emotionally and financially. Now he's pouting because you won't take his side and defend is lifestyle.

You've unintentionally done yourself a huge favor OP. Best let him cry to his mother while you find someone else who's emotionally mature.
>>
>>18244623
I truly love him and now he doesn't want to talk anymore..
I know that he has a problem, but he's such a wonderful person, he always helps me and I don't want to lose him.. isn't it possible that he get over this shit? He just need to be more mature...
>>
>>18244605
His father left his mother and him which probably hurt them both.
He is just afraid that if she gets another man it might happen again.
>>
>>18244605
It is perfectly normal to feel the way he does. He should talk to a therapist though. His fears are not unfounded however.

>Live with mother, father dead
>Mom is ready to date, decides to try online dating
>Finds a guy, tells me
>I didn't think I needed a formal introduction
>Come home from gf's one night and I can hear him, refuse to come in until he's gone
>Request a formal introduction
>He's now coming over on weekends. He's loud, obnoxious, lazy, judgmental, unhygienic, etc.
>Family member visits once, he suggests a threesome with her and my mom, wtf.jpg
>One weekend I'm talking to him about his life. He lied about being consistently employed and family member is selling house he lives in
>Ask where he's going to go
>ohno.jpg
>Mom breaks it to me as I realize he's moving in
>Angry but I don't own the house, so don't flat out object, feel betrayed anyway
>He moves in and my life in all aspects goes to shit. Guy has some serious mental health problems: acts like a child, is verbally abusive to my mom and me, physically assaults me on occasion
>Don't make enough money to live on my own, rentistoogoddamnhigh.jpg
>Lost tremendous respect for my mother. Relationship between us irreparably harmed

>>18244605
Make sure you have the means to get out if it goes bad, OP.
>>
>>18244821
>>18244605
Nevermind, your bf is at risk. His concerns are justified.

You called him, "mentally deranged." You created a hostile tone for the conversation. Own up to your mistake and apologize.
>>
>>18244770
Anything is possible, but even if he does change, there's no guarantee he went revert. Most of your personality and habits are well-formed by 21.

Honestly you sound really naive. Not trying to say that dismissively, because I've been there too, but given a 6 month LDR, Im dubious as to the validity of the true love, as well as his helpfulness. One doesn't have to much to appear helpful when there's no physical obligation, and 6 months (especially a LDR) is hard to form true love.

In the end though, it's up to you. How much are willing to put up with? How long are you willing to wait? Given your age, I'd certainly say you have no need to settle or feel pressured to stay. Pleanty of fish in the sea, etc etc... Take it as a learning experience as to what you're looking for in your next partner.
>>
>>18244770
>I truly love him
Why?
>>
>>18244605
Is he looking for a job?
>>
>>18244936
Yes, he is.
He's still living with his mom becouse he's studying at uni while searching a job
>>
>>18244960
>he's studying at uni
>but the problem is that he doesn't study

Um, what? Is he studying or not?
>>
File: 0323172321.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0323172321.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Looking for a song to sing for Senior recitals. I am a bass singer with a range from B2 to C-4. I want it to be a meaningful.
>>
>>18244977
He left his fac to start another one, but it will go in September
>>
File: 1491009090247.jpg (206KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491009090247.jpg
206KB, 600x800px
>>18244827
Your situation is a bummer man but it isn't what everyone will experience.

My parents divorced when I was young. I stayed with my dad and so did my two brothers. My sister went with my mom. After a year my dad was seeing someone. They dated for a year and the house we lived in burned down. I and my two brothers moved in with my mom. My dad moved in with his gf and her two daughters. One of my brothers and I ended up moving in with my dad at his gfs house because their were 6 of us (four kids, mom, moms bf) in a 2 bedroom apartment. I stayed there for two years before moving back with my mom. My dad lived there for about six years and his gf sold the house and they both built a house together on my dads property. They and his gfs two daughters all moved into that house. After a couple years my dad and his gf got married. Over the years since most of my siblings (blood and step) have moved in and out of that place.

Ok that was alot of getting to my point and that is over all that time it was never like your situation. Im sure my step sisters weren't thrilled about when my dad (and ultimately me and one of my brothers) moved in to their moms house. I honestly didn't care much for his gf but she never treated me badly or as if I wasn't welcomed and neither did her daughters. My dad did all sorts of work to the house and even paid her mortgage loan during his stay there. My step sisters see him as their father and one of them even named her son after him. My house burning down was probably the best thing to happen for them.

OP, you shouldn't have called him mentally deranged. Change can be a very scary thing. My mother has been with only a couple people since the divorce but she hasn't been with anyone for about 10 years and if she started dating again even I would feel something about it but not jealousy or anger.

Keep trying to talk to him. If his is going to continue ignore you, start thinking about reevaluating your relationship.
>>
I've owned up to my bad habit, thank ya all.

>>18244859
I know, ldr aren't easy at all but we see each other at least 2 at month and we are constantly in touch, I feel him close even more than my relatives, that live nearby. I don't think that it's a matter of how distant a person is, but it's about how that person makes you feel..
>>
>>18244605
Your boyfriend is Norman Bates.
>>
>>18244605
You know that insulting people isn't a good way to get your point across, right? Try being less confrontational.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.