[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat died today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: cat.jpg (65KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
65KB, 465x349px
Hello /adv/
I can't get over the grief now. He has always supported me in good as in bad times.
Every day the same, in the morning I get up the cat welcomes me then he gets something to eat etc
In the evening when I come back he welcomes me in the hallway.
Yesterday I came home from work and there he lays. I instantly knew he is not sleeping.
I just can't believe he is dead now.
In the morning I miss his cuddles, his warm welcome or his meowing.
This is so hard for me because I had this procedure with him for 17 years.

Now I see only a cat on the floor as he lies stiff, that tears my heart. I still have watery eyes.
My question is, what am I to do with the grief, after all, he was so unique to me..
>>
Take the time for yourself, hun, I know it's tough on you like losing a family member. Giving him a proper burial service might help you with the passing. It's okay if you need to cry a bit. If you can't bear to touch him now, call your family or best friend. It'll be okay, take it easy. Everyone has their own way of mourning,
>>
>>18244589
Buy a new cat
>>
File: IMG_20161010_004846.jpg (213KB, 509x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_004846.jpg
213KB, 509x700px
He's in cat heaven waiting for you.
>>
>>18244598
Thank you very much. My family supports me. As I moved out I took him with me. Even my best friend was so close to him that he cried.

>>18244602
I can't.

>>18244603
Thank you.
>>
>>18244611
Thats a good best friend you have, I'm sure he can help you ease the loneliness. It'll get better as days pass, you can reminescence about your kitty or distract yourself, it's up to you. I wish you all the best, anon.
>>
>>18244615
Thank you so much
>>
>>18244589

I'm sorry anon. A cat can be the greatest friend. If it would help I'd love to see a picture of him.
>>
>>18244589
You can be proud that your cat's whole life were you and he had you for the whole of his life. As the other replies said, it's okay to cry. Let your feelings out and make yourself feel better. He'll always be something that you would remember in times from now and then you can say yourself that you did a fantastic job bringing him up and then giving him a a home of his own. You'll get better.
>>
>>18244589
That's really sad OP, infact i had watery eyes reading that. I love my cat too, she's getting old, so I know I'll go through this experience in a few years as well..

Just remember that cats don't live forever. Infact, your cat lived 17 years which is much longer than expected life. You have that cat a comfortable and happy life for 17 years. You should be proud of that.

Also, maybe this song will help you.

https://youtu.be/zoXLKgX0MgU
>>
Not gonna lie OP, this is gonna hurt for a long while. I've been there too. Allow yourself as much time to grieve as you need. What helped for me was bringing up happy memories of my pet with family, little things that keep reminding you of how much happiness your cat brought and what a good life he has had with you. And it's cheesy af but somehow that rainbow bridge poem brought a bit of comfort too.

A new pet CAN be a solution too. Taking care of a new animal and having a routine again can help ease the loss. But that's entirely up to you. For some people it helps. Others don't want that because it feels too much like replacing their deceased pet. Either way you should take your time before deciding on stuff like that.
>>
Yesterday I came home from work and there he lays.

Now I see only a cat on the floor as he lies stiff,

Did you leave your dead cat on the floor overnight?
>>
>>18244687

OP is referring to mental image
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (137KB, 281x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
137KB, 281x500px
>>18244654
Thank you very much. Sure.

>>18244671
Those words lead me to tears. Thank you so much my friend.

>>18244681
Go cuddle her and love every moment you have with her. He never looked that old. He was so unique. Thank you my friend I will listen to it now.

>>18244683
I know what you have been through. I am so sorry.. In the moment I cant think about 'replacing' him. He was a part of me. It kind of feels like a human loss. You know what I mean? He was a part of me..

>>18244687
I did not mean it like that.
>>
File: kitten.jpg (19KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
19KB, 500x330px
>>18244603
>cat heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4
>>
I'm sorry OP. Sending my respects to kitty heaven right now.

I think it would help to get a new cat, perhaps name it after your old one. Like if your cat's name was Charles, name it Charles II.
>>
>>18244589
Hi anon I know it sucks. For me the biggest problem seemed to be that you get zero support from other people when a pet dies, since they're not a person.

It's not really easy to get over and it'll be different for each person. Personally, I like to think how good a life I've given my pets. If they were in the wild, they would have a much more stressful and shorter existence. But you've given him a happy and contented life. It's not much, but it's something to think about.
>>
>>18244808
This is very nice of you thank you very much.
For now I want to take my time I think to give him as much respect as I can give. I want to spent time thinking about him. I cant think about another cat right now..

>>18244809
There are my tears again. I have a best friend who loved him too. And that friend supports me thankfully. Thank you so much for the kind words anon. Dont know what else to say to be honest. You people are very good.
>>
>>18244589
it's a fucking cat who cares lmfao
>>
>>18244815
I'm glad you have a good friend, and no problem with the advice.

I've looked after guinea pigs since I was young. I know they're something I should have grown out of, but I never did. It sucks when they die but I've had so many I've sort of got in touch with my own grief.
>>
>>18244822
Thank you.

>>18244823
Dont think about that now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.