[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have found myself in a bit of a rut recently, so I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 161.png (910KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
161.png
910KB, 1024x709px
I have found myself in a bit of a rut recently, so I thought I would turn to the collective wisdom of 4chan for advice.

My problems are threefold:

- I am in my last year of university and cannot find the motivation to get anything done at the moment

- I smoke too much weed

- Sad bc no qt3.14gf

>Be me
>Have to write dissertation
>Due in 2 months
>Not even started
>Not done any work in the last 2 weeks
a big part of the problem is that I'm stoned all the time, but I'm having difficulty resisting the temptation.

>Start smoking bud regularly in teens
>becomes every day
>5 years later now
>Made progress stopping in last year
>Went months without smoking
>Always smoke more at the end of the uni year anyway, I guess because of the stress
>Need to cut down now though because I'm not getting work done
>Weed is basically my escape, but when you merely escape your problems, they grow whilst you're away
Escaping low motivation from my perceived failure with women

>Last year had first gf in almost 4 years
>She was manipulative and headfucked me, however
>Had a little confidence after and tried to keep the ball rolling, but all my attempts were met with failure and I feel more hopeless than ever
>Get stoned soon after waking up because I have dreams which draw my attention back to my abject failure in finding a suitable mate

So if anyone can offer some form of expertise in the fields of love, academia or addiction, it would help me greatly. Thanks guys.
>>
I feel you man, i think i have the same escape strattegy but with games and computer shit in general.

i neverr visit adv and was searching for a thread about deppresion in uni because i think i have it

>Last year of college but dont go to clases so im failing test after test
>living in an underground appartment, almost never see the sun
> have wasted three whole years doing Nothing
>Havent exited my appartment in three weeks watching People hace fun with games on videos
>Lie to everybody, long dist gf from my town, family. 'yeah clases are boring', 'yeah im ok'
> knowing that i'm doing things wrong but no motivation to change, and i dont know how to change back yo how i was when i entered uni.
>I have thinked of going to a psychologist but im not sure what to expect.
>>
>>18244658
Selfpity appart i think your main problem OP Is weed but youre gonna need help dealing with quitting or regulating it, dont know how to real with anxiety tough that's one of the reasons im here.

And about the gf justo date some female friend that cares for you, just DONT lie to her as i do.
>>
>>18244658
What are you waiting for? Go seek help anon, it will help you.
But you can first begin with baby steps, step outside, take a walk for half an hour everyday, set some good habits : Put an alarm and wake up everyday at the same time, make your bed every morning, shower, anything. And don't turn on your computer until the afternoon (that's if you woke up at 8 am).
You'll change to how you were, you just need to push yourself now and once you've set good habits, momentum will help you get on your feet.
>>
>>18244483
What I would do OP, is to work everyday at the same time, at first 5 minutes, then the next day 10 etc. Until you've finishes the work. It might be hard to achieve it, and you might spend the 5 minutes staring at the ceiling but at least you'll do something.
I also suggest you to make a special place for studying, another one for smoking etc. Use your bed for sleeping only, your desk for studying only, and let's say a chair or I don't know what you have available for smoking. It might be ineffective tho
And OP, do you have any friends (non-stoners of course)? Or you're all alone?
>>
File: 1326760944277.png (54KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1326760944277.png
54KB, 1920x1200px
>>18244483
In a very similar boat OP. 2nd year, left my work late, didn't use my easter break effectively, difficult exs etc.
I'm trying to keep a sound mind so I can comprehend rational decisions better. It's not going great but this is a tough thing to fix. Girls come and go, when it rains it pours. It sounds like the issues you have are in yourself so don't worry about the girls mate. As for the motivation I don't know how to help. I'm looking for answers too, hence why I'm here. All I can say from what I've read is that you're in your last year. Just hit the minimum man and reward yourself incrementally. I'm using sleepyti.me and the sleep cycle app to try nail my sleep patterns and capitalise on morning productivity. Try find some art you can identify with and bring out some emotion to make you do something. I've made a playlist (as gay as that sounds) and here's a choice cut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84
God speed OP, I wish you all the best.
>>
>>18244668
The female friends that I have already have boyfriends or aren't interested. I went out of my way to meet girls this year, and still am having no luck, which has sort of disillusioned me to the whole process

>>18244703
My friends at uni aren't stoners (I purposefully didn't make friends with stoners to avoid smoking as much), but I don't have as much in common with them, which sometimes leads to me feeling a little alienated.
When I'm back from uni, my friends are almost all stoners. I know being around stoners obviously leads to me smoking more weed, but they're the best friends I've had by far, and the social aspect of my life is the only area I don't feel overwhelmed. This is another reason why I'm reluctant to seek professional help. I know they will tell me to change my friend group. It takes a long time to get to know people, and I can't imagine finding better friends than those I have already.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.