[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this mental illness or a goal worth striving for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: imagesSXKIA5XH.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
imagesSXKIA5XH.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
Hello, I am a recently turned 19 year old poor and unattractive male who has had a fair share of life's hard knocks. I came to an epiphany after having a panic attack before my high school formal when I was 18 that when you are unattractive and poor nothing will ever end well for you which hit me like a ton of bricks and I decided to myself that I never wanted to be poor and unattractive again.

Since being accepted into a shit tier university all I have done is stay in my room, study and save student welfare money for Plastic surgery consultations I have socially withdrawn from all contact with friends. My goal is to never be poor and unattractive again and for the next three years I plan on nothing but studying and receiving plastic surgery procedures.

I am currently receiving purely high distinctions and distinctions at university and with these results I can probably transfer to Sydney Uni which is one of the most prestigious in the world and get a highly paying job which will also help pay my cosmetic procedures .
So 4chan, is this mental illness, an aspirational goal, or both?
>>
i can tell you where this ends.

>pic related

don't do plastic surgeries. invest in your god damn health and paired with money and social skills you will end up as the most desireable bachelor ever. if you do plastic surgery, you will just end as one big joke.

i don't think going hermit mode is a problem. sure, you took out every human aspect of your world view. which i can't say if it's a good thing or not. you are right that power is equal to desirebility and power is just a synonym for money and social success aka beauty and social skills.
the problem with this is that you took all the beauty and tendernes out of it. you killed your own innocence. which might be beneficial tl some degree, since everything else is basically a distorted world view. but you also robbed yourself of all joy. you will only be able to feel satisfaction from people falling into the trap you have set for them (your money/looks). now ask yourself, are you ok with spending the rest of your life only experiencing the satisfaction of deception? all other emotions will be unpleasant. you will feel resentment, lonelines, disgust, etc.

the other path is a bit naive, i agree. but you can definitely find more joy in it if you don't think about it too analitical. the problem here is that once you have thought the thought to the end, there is no going back and you already went too far. so i guess that settles it. just be carefull and don't overdo it.
>>
File: IMG_3386.jpg (56KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3386.jpg
56KB, 740x960px
>>18244341
damn son, forgot pic
>>
>>18244341
Thanks for that, whilst I have seen similar victims of plastic surgery they are not all disaster stories, Cindy Jackson being a great example whose story I would like to replicate.
also when you say:
'now ask yourself, are you ok with spending the rest of your life only experiencing the satisfaction of deception? all other emotions will be unpleasant. you will feel resentment, lonelines, disgust, etc. "
I personally find it very hard living completely morally in an amoral world. At the end of the day living by deception isn't that immoral comparative to other things.
>>
>>18244363
you might be roght, the good ones are obviously the ones you don't see. but the risk is pretty high thta it ends badly.

oh, idgaf about morals. and neither should you. you should do what benefits you the most. i asked you to ask yourself if that's really what you want. because i suspect that what you want is to feel desired. and i suspect that you misinterpret desire for love. basically, i think you want to be loved rather than life a live of deception. and you won't achieve love with money and plastic surgery. you might generate desire, but that's not the same.
>>
>>18244375
Yes being loved would be good but answer me this, what comes first thinking someones hot or falling in love with them? I think good surgery will be a foot in the door if you catch my drift
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.