[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone in my situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7903.jpg (97KB, 686x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7903.jpg
97KB, 686x934px
All my life I've had the opposite problem most people on 4chan seem to have

I've never had problems picking up girls but I just can't seem to get any high paying job.

I guess it is because I come off looking dumb during work

I found this job as a consultant and after 2 years I still can't get a promotion. All my peers are doing better despite not doing much more than me.

I send my cv to many other places but I never get any calls

Any advice or links?
>>
...anyone?
>>
>>18243746
every single person on earth is in your situation. we have globalized world where countries no longer exists and deficits don't matter sharia economy. there are no jobs in this CIA lemon person gestapo. jobs serve as "arbeit macth frei" type carrots for donkeys so they compete for position in queue near the slaughterhouse. So think about job market as game of musical chairs in Auschwitz where winners get rain check to visit crematorium. So don't bullshit about "consultant" job - there are no such jobs.
>>
>>18243746
Where is that op image from? If Orlando that's my ex in background
>>
>>18244163
And OP I'm sorry for off topic post. I'm really not sure what advice I can offer for that situation as I'm still in school
>>
>>18244089
This is borderline word salad.
>>
>>18244163
I googled "Asian ass" and picked the least NSFW picture I could find

Is your ex a stripper now?
>>
>>18243746
Work on your resume, tailor it to each job you post to to maximize hitting the things they are looking for, and just keep spamming it.

You'll turn up with something, but don't be lax. Try to submit 5-10 a day.

What area of consulting are you in?
>>
>>18243746
I have a very high paying job and women look at me in disgust because of my manlet status.

That is, of course, by the time they reach their 30s.

Anyway, I genuinely hope you remain living from paycheck to paycheck . I hope maintain your lack of self-control and ambition, and develop a beer belly and a receding hairline and then die of a heroin overdose at 35 because no Stacey as been willing to touch you for years beforehand. Thanks.
>>
>>18244268
>>18243746
Also, network network network. I know you've met a number of people consulting. Let some of them know you are looking for work. This is by far one of the easiest ways to get a job. Don't underestimate it. Everyone wants to hire a known quantity.
>>
>>18244274
>I have a very high paying job and women look at me in disgust because of my manlet status.

>That is, of course, by the time they reach their 30s.
What do you mean by this? I'm curious
>>
Do you have a decent degree? If not, get a CS/soft eng degree and spend all your free time stacking your resume with software projects and online CS courses. Network with people you meet in your degree, like lectures etc, and transfer that all into a LinkedIn profile. In the last year, learn how to do a software interview and interview with the major tech companies.

Maybe I'm biased, but that's what I'd do (did, I guess?). If that's not the kind of thing you're into, I'd get some sort of decent degree because the 3-4 years is worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>18244268
>What area of consulting are you in?

Management

>>18244274
Damn, why so hateful?

>>18244283
Where do you find these people to network with?

All my friends lead very similar lives like me
>>
>>18244309
>your resume with software projects and online CS courses.

Any links?
>>
>>18244298

It means when they reach their 30s they become desperate for a beta provider.
>>
>>18244309
The guy is already in consulting which is a lucrative field. Odds are he has a degree so he could skip that part if he truly loved the work.

>>18244316
Well as a consultant you should (I do) meet a lot of people who know other people. Put the word out you're open to other work (obviously keep it quiet at your current job), update your LinkedIn. If you don't have one shame on you because I get job offers a few times a month. By far one of the easier ways to network as well.
>>
>>18244298
Not the guy you are asking but it refers to a stupid coping myth perpetuated by ugly mofos on this site.

It states that all the hot girls who wouldn't want to have sex with these nerds will suddenly be dying to suck their dick when they have money at 30

They are about to experience a rude awaking....

Be prepared to see soon "due to the deepstate/feminism/Marxism/illuminati women will want your cock at 40 now"
>>
>>18244340
I mean it's somewhat true, but it goes both ways. People naturally as they get older are willing to settle. I personally find that sad but it is what it is.
>>
>>18244321
I'd take Coursera/Udacity/edx courses in Machine Learning, algorithms or cyber security, whatever interests you, but only once you have some coding knowledge under your belt, probably around second year. At some point you should get some idea of what interests you, so just create projects on Github and work on them, whether it's to do with games, websites, machine learning, whatever. Alternatively, contribute to open source projects that interest you.

>>18244337
I assumed he was at some sort of dead end, considering he's two years in and getting nowhere. LinkedIn isn't some sort of magical solution that is going to suddenly give you a job if you aren't getting any calls from sending out CVs. I got more calls from the few CVs I put out than my LinkedIn, and I'm not exactly poorly networked.
>>
>>18244337
Yep I have a degree already

I do have LinkedIn and I update it but I only get garbage job offerings

Also, I'm in Spain where there is 50% unemployment rate amongst the youth.

I don't want to move though because I'm in my late 20s and I want to start a family soon with my gf
>>
>>18244353
To be fair I'm biased, IT/ERP consulting is hot right now but I wouldn't underestimate LinkedIn either. Nothing wrong with having another tool handy. It's a great way to passively look for work if you keep it maintained a little.

>>18244354
Yea I'm not very familiar with Spain and it's issues, but I'd try to start looking international. Plenty of consultants fly out for the week and fly back in home for the weekend. Could be hard on the family but that's something you'll have to consider.
>>
>>18244354

>>18244353 here. I'm probably no help here then, networking is basically the only thing I can think of, considering I have no real knowledge of the field, but I hate relying on networking as the only option as it feels to me as if you're putting everything in everyone else's hands, rather than your own. Good luck.
>>
>>18244329
Hahaha you deflated that guys ego so well top kek
>>
>>18244244
christ really? thats a fucking rave
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.