[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fuck up my chances?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: QEQFsMo.jpg (601KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
QEQFsMo.jpg
601KB, 2000x3000px
I got this girl's number from class who I thought was cute like 2 weeks or so ago and I've talked to her like twice since then.

I texted her once to ask about something she told me and that was it, and I never deviated in the times I've talked to her from class/exam related topics, so we're nothing more than acquaintances really. She's cute and I'd like to get to know her more and I'd assume that I have some sort of in since I have her number, but I really have no idea what to do, texting or irl. I'm 20 and I have zero experience with girls at all. Mainly I just wanna know if it's too late to start texting this girl, we have like 1 week of classes left, I think the dating ship has sailed. If it hasn't, by all means let me know what I can do, but again I was nervous even approaching her, asking her out with a whole other territory. Luckily I wasn't actually shit at talking to her, but it was basic, school-related small talk.

I caved and made a Reddit post about it but I got retarded replies that offered no help, I'm hoping I can get some autistic brilliance here don't let me down /adv/
>>
Just
Fucking
Ask
Her

Text her to see if she wants to get lunch on Saturday and see what happens. She knows you exist and presumably you haven't done anything to disgust her, so take a shot.
>>
>>18243693
We commute and live on opposite ends of the school

Also I thought texting to ask girls out was a bad idea? That's what I've always heard.

I've literally never texted anyone in my life either, fuck that'd feel so awkward.
>>
>>18243699
For clarification the commuting part is in reference to why I don't think a Saturday lunch date would work out
>>
>>18243699
Goddamnit, stop making excuses. Message her now. Ask her for a date this weekend. Coffee or lunch or something.

If she likes you it doesn't matter how you ask her and she'll find the time for you.
>>
>>18243725
Yeah, let me just message her at 3 am

>If she likes me

I've fucking talked to her twice and nothing past knowing where she commutes on

I don't think it's possible for her to even "like" me at this point, the only reason I like her is cause she's cute

But how would you message her and ask her out, because I have no experience texting people like I said earlier
>>
>>18243737
Hi, Anon here, want to meet this Saturday for lunch? I'll take you to X.

That's it. Stop overthinking. She will say yes or no. The end.
>>
>>18243745
I was always told its bad to do it over text.

Either way Im not doing it Saturday but I get what youre saying.

It rrally wont be weird texting her that out of the blue?
>>
>>18243787
It. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter.

In person is better but if you don't see her often nothing wrong with texting. How you ask her isn't going to change her answer.
>>
>>18243802
Now how does it not matter? Id rather not be suddenly texted by some random girl I barely know asking me out, I'd rather know her somewhat. Otherwise its just kind of creepy.

I dont ser how this doesnt matter, her answer might very well change if she has somewhat of an idea of me.
>>
>>18243806

You're never gonna make it brah.

Take it from me, I'm 25, I'd kill to be in your position where you can ask out girls that you see every once I awhile and if nothing happens, move onto the next one.

You're just making excuses. Do you want to sex her or no? Then ask her out. Otherwise just be friends and kick yourself for being such a loser when you get older.
>>
>>18243806
Take more risks dude, only way you'll get experience.
I was 21 with 0 experience. Started socializing more. Asked out 2 girls through text. Both said no (one actually said something like "yeah, we can, when I have time" and then clarified "yeah listen, I'll always be busy" :D Cold). But I kept on meeting new girls and learning to talk to them, and now I have a cool gf.
So just don't stress about it.
>>
>>18243806
Man, there's no getting through to you. You're a giant pussy. Go ahead and keep making excuses for not asking her out until she gets a bf and then it's too late.
>>
>>18243681
is she really Victoria Justice?
>>
>>18243963
In my dreams lmfao

>>18243946
The fuck do you mean keep making excuses?

I can't ask goddamn questions? It seems weird to me to straight up text her, two fucking weeks after getting her number and the only prior thing I said was "Hey, can you tell me the room number for X?"

I still think that's weird as fuck, I see her my next class Monday, can't ask her to grab lunch after class then? Like fuck man, there's better options I have than just randomly texting after two weeks of having her number. That comes off as weird to me, I guess I'm in a minority though.

>>18243830
Okay, I'm not arguing against asking her out, I just don't see how it's not seen as weird to randomly text a girl you've texted literally once, two weeks later, to ask her out to a lunch date. We both commute, so it's not like, "I'll meet you at the Starbucks near campus", hell she fucking lives in another state. Can you at least give me an idea then of where to possibly ask her out to on a weekend, when we both don't have classes aren't anywhere near the school campus? Since I honestly can't.

Would it not be a better idea to talk to her Monday when I see her in class and see if she's like to grab some lunch at the campus center after class? Or is that open to misinterpretation?
>>
>>18244988
Don't be a puss, take risks. It's not weird to text her because S H E G A V E Y O U H E R N U M B E R. Obviously she's at least likes you, what do you have to lose?
>>
>>18244988
you see the problem with you saying "Can't I wait until monday?" is that your pushing it off. And you say that now, and then you don't say anything monday, and then you don't say anything in a week, and then in 3 months she's dating chad and your on here shitposting about how your a MGTOW and how all women are pigs.
>>
Alright, so I didn't really read through the answers, so idk if what I say was posted already, but I get how you feel. I was as nervous as you couple of weeks/months ago too, but then I simply overcame myself and realized that I won't get anywhere with doubting myself whether she likes me or not. If she likes me, she'll accept my offer to meet me for a coffee or sth like that. If she doesn't, she won't and it may hurt a bit, but I'll survive it and know what she thinks of me. Trust me, wasting weeks doubting yourself and not asking her out will be the only thing dangerous to you because you'll just regret it a whole fucking lot if she takes another guy and you also don't know if she likes you. Also, texting is nothing bad. face-to-face is good, but we're living in a time where everybody's using their pones and she gave you her number for a reason, so just call her or text her and say: "Hey, it's me Anon, you want to go to that nice coffee shop near university on Sunday?", then wait for her answer. If she says "No" then that's nothing bad, really, you'll find other girls and there are a whole lot that'd gladly go on a date with you, trust me. If she says "Yes", however, tell her "Okay, cool, meet me there at 5pm. Looking forward to you :)". That's all it takes. Too short messages. Also, if she says "No", don't get all bitchy and still treat her like a friend, that'll not just get you into friend zone from where you can, at some point, try again, it'll also show other girls that you're no asshole and prevent your options from not hating you. Anyway, good luck with her.
>>
Okay, read the other replies now. Dude, trust me, if you just ask her to eat with you on the campus, then yes therte's a whole lot of space for misinterpretation because 1st that's not at all personal and 2nd she'll think of that "date" as nothing else but some nice lunch with some guy from university. You say she lives in another state? So what? She's attending the same damn university, so she'll have the possibility to meet you at a Starbucks after university. Don't take this as an insult, but as an important lesson: Grow some balls
>>
It is easier as it seems. You just need to call her, ask how she has been and then invite her out to eat, watch a movie or anything simple. Then youll find your answer. If she says yes, you have a chance. If she days no or doesnt give a clear answer forget about her. Keep it simple. No anger or sadness. Youll loose anything.
>>
>>18245033
That's a bit of a leap right there but okay

>>18245070
> She's attending the same damn university, so she'll have the possibility to meet you at a Starbucks after university.

I'm referring specifically to how they're saying to do it on a weekend. Maybe on a weekday after class, sure, but on a Saturday, where we live possibly hours apart? That's a bit of a reach to me and doesn't seem like a good idea if the date goes badly. On like a Thursday or some shit I know we'll both be on campus and we could probably grab coffee without going too far out of our way, seems like a better option, to me at least.

I do agree, eating after class is open for misinterpretation, that's why I came here. Just wondering, why is coffee an obvious date but lunch isn't?

>>18245024
I don't text people, I don't know how to open up conversations, any help there?
>>
>>18245373
If you want to wait till you see her again, whatever, make some small talk then ask her when you're walking out of class if you can catch her. If you can't or you're a complete puss, just shoot her a text asking about some lunch. Don't send her some autistic "hey what's up" bullshit and make 10 texts of small talk, just ask. It'll be yes or no and that's it. Don't come for advice then shit out a bunch of puss excuses to not do anything you're told.
>>
>>18243681
I'm literally in the same boat, but on the receiving end. I think it's harder for gay dudes, but maybe I'm biased.
Gave him my number.
Waiting for him to text me. He took my number, and seemed happy to have it, but has literally not interacted with me since then.
1 week left of classes and I'm starting to give up on him.
But best of luck to you, OP. Text her. She might be waiting for you. Literally what's the worst that could happen?
If you are likely to see her next semester, then there's always then to try again, and if you are likely not to, then you won't have to deal with the awkwardness for very long.
Best of luck, man.
>>
>>18245470
How the fuck are these puss excuses? Im sorry, bit Im trying to not come off as weird to her, and I feel like a random text out of no where after 2 weeks is a near guaranteed no if I was to ask her out.

I have no idea why Im being called a pussy for thinking I should speak to her once more before doing anything.

>>18245480
Why dont you text him?
>>
>>18245611
I don't have his number.
That half of the conversation just like, didn't happen.
I was like "my number is ___-____-_______ and he was like "awesome!"
Then I waited
and waited
he didn't speak to me at class the next day, which was weird.
and so I kept waiting.
And here I am.
Already messaged him on FB. Classic "oh didn't get that" and then he started talking about class.
So I just gave up.
>>
>>18245611
When are you going to see her again anon? School is getting out shortly. Not much time to waste.
>>
>>18245611
Speaking to her once more is what I just told you to do. So there you go, you have your answer. What more are you looking for from this?
>>
>>18245634
I see her Monday, classes end next Monday and finals start like a week later.

I know I don't have much time, which is why I'll definitely go with >>18245470 if possible.

>>18245648
Nothing, I'm just responding back to others saying I'm giving pussy excuses and that I won't do it.
>>
File: How Pathetic Can you Bee.jpg (19KB, 236x418px) Image search: [Google]
How Pathetic Can you Bee.jpg
19KB, 236x418px
>>18243806
>Id rather not be suddenly texted by some random girl I barely know asking me out

wut
>>
You're overthinking it OP. This is a great way to get experience. Just ask her to hang and if she says no take your new experience to the next girl
>>
>>18245919
Yeah, you're right.

I just don't want her to misinterpret it, now that I'm thinking about it.

Should I specifically mention "date" or would that sound autistic?
>>
>>18246057
You should make it obvious that it's a date. Using the word is fine.

I've learnt the hard way that women don't respond very well to guys who are too reticent to be overtly flirtatious. If you aren't bold, forward, and direct, if you just focus on being amiable instead of being flirtatious by escalating things, they will lose interest.

I never wanted to believe that, because I thought "if the person really likes me, she'll be fine if I'm not as quick as she'd like me to be, right? Like, I'm talking not touching her on the first couple dates, not taking her out for months without making a move."

But no, this seems to be a dealbreaker for whatever reason, imo. You gotta shit or get off of the toilet. I hate it because I'm timid as fuck and take a while to get comfortable with somebody, but you really can't be like that in this area. If you're afraid to say things like "date" and only say "hanging out," prepare for her to treat it like "hanging out."
>>
>>18246445
So like, what's a good thing to say?

"Hey, what's your schedule like today? There's a Starbucks over at X, I was thinking we could go on a date there around 2 after class, sound good?"

Just an example, I chose 2 cause that's when I have a break between classes.
>>
>>18246525
I would do "hey let's grab a coffee at x time here I'll pick you up. I think you're pretty cute desu"

That type of approach has worked for me anon. It's not a creepy thing to say and shows UR a relaxed n cool guy
>>
>>18246685
I said "to be honest" but it came out as desu for some reason.. lol
>>
>>18246685
It'd be like after class, don't think I'd need to pick her up. So you think mentioning that she's cute or something would get the message across?

t b h is censored to desu on 4chan, some other words are too.
>>
>>18245373
Just be blunt and upfront, "Hey X, it's anon. Would you like to grab a bite to eat sometime? Get to know each other a bit."
>>
>>18246814
What about if it's like me asking IRL?

I'm not really sure how to make it apparent that I'd like to get coffee with her as a date or something.
>>
>>18243806
>Id rather not be suddenly texted by some random girl I barely know asking me out, I'd rather know her somewhat. Otherwise its just kind of creepy.

Anon just how fucking thick are you?
God damn it I was like this in high school, and I'm only a freshman in college. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to antagonize you but you need to realize that if you ask her and she says no, that's it. You have your answer. You've already talked to her in class before. If she likes you, she's not going to give a single fuck how you do it. You're obviously too scared to do it in person. So just do it over text. We live in the 21th century, where everything now is digital and impersonal. If this was 1990 and you sent her an email asking her out yeah it would be fucking weird.

You're making excuses because not trying is better than failing. You're only going to be a miserable man if you don't learn to take risks. Do you not think the majority of us here have fucked up with women? We all have. This might be one of your fuck ups, but at least you will know instead of posting about it on a Croatian knitting board.
>>
Generally when people like each other, shit moves fast. If it doesn't go anywhere for 2 weeks or so then she's probably not that into you. Move on, there are billions of women out there. Ie. don't wait around and waste your time waiting for someone if they aren't giving you the time of day.

Again, if a woman is into you, she'll let you fucking know. I mean she'll let you know right away, and keep letting you know because she'll be calling you every damned day.
>>
>>18243681
>>18243806
What the fuck, OP? How did you get her number in the first place? Did you steal her phone and check the number and then put it back? If you asked and she told you, it's understood that this is the intended use case. You've already made the in-person gesture you're so fixated on, now it's just arranging the details of time and place.
>>
>>18246974
For CLASS. I asked her for her number after talking about our same major and getting advice for classes next semester, not in a way that makes it obvious I like her. If it was like that Id sure as fuck text her asking to go out, but we've probably talked for at most 20 minutes in person. We barely fucking know each other.

>>18246951
>If she likes you, she's not going to give a single fuck how you do it. You're obviously too scared to do it in person.

For fucks sake, Ive talked to her twice for a couple minutes about school. I dont think we have the same idea of "like", she barely fucking knows who I am. How in the fuck could she like me from talking to me for at most 20 minutes? I only "like" her cause shes cute, dude. I dont think you're getting that.

Im making no excuses, I genuinely think texting a girl I have near no prior history with asking to go out is a fucking weird thing. The answer might fuckin change if shes talked to me more than twice, and instead isnt being texted suddenly by this kid she had 2 slightly awkward small talk conversations with.

Im not too scared to do it in person at all, I fucking said Id rather do that.
>>
>make plans to go out a few days in advance
>she cancels a few hours before with some terrible excuse

Why does this happen every time?
>>
>>18247726
Cause she didn't know how to say no to you without hurting your feelings
>>
>>18246850
Say the same fucking thing, it's not rocket science
>>
>>18246850
Good question! If you act fun/funny and she seems to be really happy: I like you, it's a date
If she's meh: she's not into you

Simple as that. Females run on confusing, hard to read emotions
>>
>>18247986
Thanks anon, sounds pretty good.

I'll probably see what her schedule is like and see if we can grab a coffee later on in the day. There's a Starbucks right near campus and we both have the same classes up till like 1, I'm pretty sure she doesn't have class after and I have one that's next to the Starbucks, doesn't seem like a terrible idea, no?
>>
>>18248078
That sounds great dude! Also I bet you'll be in luck if she finds nervous guys cute. I find nervous girls cute and my first couple dates with her I was super turned on as a result.

Go get her my dude!
>>
Believe a little more in yourself OP
>>
>>18247723
>I'd rather do that

Then DO IT
>>
>>18248111
I don't think I come off as nervous when I talk to people, but okay, thanks I guess

>>18248191
I grew up with self esteem issues and I'm still struggling with them, I always feel like I'm being judged.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.