[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness and Girl Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1426992468517.gif (911KB, 422x585px) Image search: [Google]
1426992468517.gif
911KB, 422x585px
The title may be misleading, so I'll make it clear that I am the one with both of these things. I'm more or less fucked in the head, and have been for has long as I can remember. Before anyone asks, I was in and out of therapy since I was 6, and I'm 28 now, though its been at least 10 years since my last visit. Mostly depression, which is diagnosed, but there is a very real probability that I am also schizoid.

Obviously, I've never had a girlfriend, and frankly I don't want one. The whole process is more trouble that it's worth, and I can honestly say that the thought of having another person being there (literally or figuratively like texting) constantly not only sounds tiring but also annoying.

The trouble is that my one friend's girlfriend's friend is into me. I've danced around it and shit, but they're drinking and he straight up asked me. I haven't responded yet, but the last time I basically shut down for a week. I honestly don't know what to say because it's literally never happened before, but I can't just say no.
>>
Why is this shit so complicated?
>>
>>18243461
I'm so happy for you man! Get hyped! A girl is into you! Say yes, see what happens. Can you actually get worse if things don't go as planned?
>>
>>18243583

I legitimately do not understand the happiness here. Would you want to be with someone incapable of loving you back?

>Can you actually get worse if things don't go as planned?

Things can always get worse.
>>
>>18243620
The whole mentality that you enjoy your alone time is all fine and dandy until you spend several months with a girl and become that girl's best friend and she becomes your best friend. You'll end up wanting to spend as much time as you can with her instead of spending so much time with yourself. It's actually really not that much trouble if you find someone who's perfect for you.

#1 rule when it comes to dating
Don't go looking! When an opportunity presents itself to you, you have to roll with that opportunity and go forward with an open mind. You really never know that you will despise relationships unless you've been in one for a long period of time.
>>
>>18243633
>The whole mentality that you enjoy your alone time is all fine and dandy until you spend several months with a girl and become that girl's best friend and she becomes your best friend.
I highly doubt that. Once again, something like that requires mutual feelings that I am incapable of providing.

>You'll end up wanting to spend as much time as you can with her instead of spending so much time with yourself.
I don't enjoy time with people, though, even friends and family. Most of the time, I'm waiting for a good excuse to leave, and if I'm not doing that, I'm getting something out of the situation.

>It's actually really not that much trouble if you find someone who's perfect for you. That's some Disney level shit, man. Perfect doesn't exist.

>#1 rule when it comes to dating
>Don't go looking!
I'm not.

>When an opportunity presents itself to you, you have to roll with that opportunity and go forward with an open mind. You really never know that you will despise relationships unless you've been in one for a long period of time.
A relationship at its core is prolonged contact and exposure, ergo yes, I will despise it.
>>
>>18243620
>boo hoo I'm incapable of love

And chicks aren't attracted to self-pity. If you're "incapable of love" it's only because you BELIEVE you are incapable. You need to alter your way of thinking, you need to know that you're just as much capable of giving and receiving love as any other human being in the world. It might be more work for some people than others, but again, that's a you problem.
>>
>>18243716

I think you've completely missed the point. I'm not containing about being incapable of love, which I'm rather fine with. I'm complaining about someone being into me, which is causing all sorts of problems.
>>
He'll be expecting an answer sometime today, so I guess I'm fucked either way
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.