[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I prepared for life to be different it wasnt supposed to be this way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Emptiness....jpg (214KB, 1400x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Emptiness....jpg
214KB, 1400x1029px
>Be Me
>Complete established University w/ Dual Business Degree and IT Minor and 2.5 years of work internships
>Come From Well off Family
> Go on over 50 interviews after College
>Apply to over 400 job applications
> Be continuingly 8 months unemployed since graduation
> No Girlfriend
>Neet Lifestyle playing videogames for majority of day
> Losing Hope in all that surrounds me

What is the point of waking up to another endless Sunday? Where is the town I've come to know? I prepared everything so it wouldn't be this way, im losing everything I hoped for. I have no one to rely on, no one cares and they cant do anything for me.
>>
>it's a millennial thinks the whole world is going to be handed to him on a silver platter episode
One of my favorites
>>
>>18242105
how is a dual degree and 2.5 years of internship expecting the world on a silver platter
>>
>>18242100
>Go on over 50 interviews after College
How comes no a single one had a positive result?

Also cut your vidya time, it's poison that dumb you down over time. What are your hobbies?
>>
>>18242105
I did everything I was told. I got good grades. I worked got experience. I dont drink/smoke. I try to go to as many social and professional events as I can. I know I cant be upset im worthless for being upset for my situation but I dont know what to do. The more upset I get the more upset I am for being so pathetic.
>>
>>18242110
no particular reasoning they gave. I am well spoken and present myself well. I have a good prepared resume, technical and tangible skills. I have no one to give me useful advice of what to do? I have to take some consideration that its just simply not what the employers were looking for? I dont know

I have many hobbies but without videogames i wouldnt have an escape from my reality that is becoming increasingly disappointing it helps me stay happy
>>
Do you have terrible grades or meme autism?
>>
File: resume.png (113KB, 754x874px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
113KB, 754x874px
>>18242175
no i got good grades adequate for my field

this is my resume
>>
Margins mother fucker, use them. Turn your resume into a two pagers with decent margins.

Remove the weird GPA breakdown. I sugget put down the 3.66 for information Management. Let them figure out the rest (they wont).

Put your current job (Marketing Analyst) on top...

Keep it at 4 bullet points max..

Add a section on your interests: tenis/volunteering etc anything to make you look like a decent interesting human being.

That's it, and I think you will be competitive for a business Analyst job, just don't give up applying.
>>
>>18242184

No HR slob will bother reading all that shit.
3 bullet points in ONE LINE per job is more than enough.
And dont list 5 trillion programms you used once, only mention them if the specific job ad asks for them.
>>
>>18242244
ah ok its ok to have more than one page everyone told me one page, one page

Ok ill do that thanks very helpful
>>
>>18242267
sure will do thats helpful advice thanks
>>
>>18242105
Yeah man in my youth we usually applied to 2000 jobs and went to 150 interviews until we got a job while being well-trained
>>
>>18242100
So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke
Your love life's D.O.A
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but
I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
>>
>>18242100
Do you only apply in your own city?

What is your minimum expected salary?

Was it dual majors or a major and a minor?
>>
>>18242184
Yeah your resume is WAY TOO WORDY

There should not exist a point that is longer than half a line let alone 2. You mash multiple points in one bullet point.

Pick three ideas, three verbs and keep it simple. Explain away more in your cover letter.
>>
>>18242100
And most importantly have you taken advantage of both local employment services as well as your school employment services?

If not, get to it. Use the resources out there. I know any employment agency or school would have you DRASTICALLY change your resume, so im guessing you havent really taken all the help out there that exists.
>>
>>18242539
im not sure what a local employment service is? I had my school edit my resume, i dont usually have a problem getting interviews. I would look for another resource to review it but I dont have one
>>
>>18242100
>20 years old
>Enjoy my life as an endless Sunday
>Know it's a toxic mentality in the long run, but it's the only way for me to enjoy living.

You're doing good, man.
>>
>>18242184
>PA
>even worse Philly

Fucking move away from this shit hole. Don't live here and expect to make money or have a decent job.
>>
>>18242100

>doing everything "right".
>expecting it to go well.

I bet you're the stupid cunt who actually tried to talk bullies out of bullying too, you fucking muppet.

Picture this; Everything you've ever been told was not actually for your benefit.

>Don't fight back, it only makes bullies worse
Said the teacher who didn't want to have to talk to parents or right incident reports because shit actually escalated. It would have been more work for her, so she's better off if you just sit there and take the bullying or commit suicide desu.

>Work hard, do well, get good grades.
Because life doesn't require you to develop social skills does it? How's that missing childhood feeling now? Grades = funding for schools = overbearing work for kids.
You got screwed so they could get paid.

>College degrees
How much debt?

Even the "no gf" situation... let me guess, you're trying to do that "right" too? Yeah, being a fucking gentleman?

Mate, there's the reason 'Breaking Bad' was so popular. Everyone knows that on some level, Walter Whites life wasn't worth living, everyone wants to turn into there own personal Heisenberg.

Stop doing things right.
>>
go to job fairs, meet and greets. make friends with recruiters or reach out to them. Agree, the resume is too wordy. Add tailored cover letters.

Don't look for a girlfriend. You'll meet her unexpectedly.

Stop the vidya.

Work out.

Hang out with friends. Have them introduce you to people.

Start a business.

Start a meth lab.

Too much to live for.
>>
This is going to sound harshe but oh well you need to hear it.

You wanted to be happy and successful right? So why did you do the same thing as everyone else? I mean, most people are not successful and happy, and most people do extensive schooling. So my question to you is why did you think it would be different to you?
>>
>>18242105
>lol you're not going to college? Enjoy life as a loser!
4 years later
>lol you went to college? What did you expect, the world to be handed to you on a silver platter?

That's the internal locus of control talking here. You think that everything that happens to people is their own fault. Basically a mentally defective version of 20/20 hindsight.

And, of course, it's 99% certain you are also a millennial.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.