[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheist girl is crushing on me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1452378749044.jpg (116KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
1452378749044.jpg
116KB, 960x622px
I am a christian catholic. Though I don't really go around preaching and converting people, I do however disrespect atheism and all the modern crap. The girl who is crushing on me is an atheist and pro all of the modern shit. I have a crush on her, but now I'm kinda afraid how could this look like. We are both crushing on each other yet we are so different. Do I Deus Vult the hell out of this or do I stay in this deal.
>>
File: image.jpg (835KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
835KB, 1200x807px
>being a pope worshipper
Absolutely heretical
>>
>I am an Odin-worshipping viking. Though I don't really go around preaching and converting people, I do however disrespect christianity and all the modern crap religions. The girl who is crushing on me is a christian and pro all of the christian shit. I have a crush on her, but now I'm kinda afraid how could this look like. We are both crushing on each other yet we are so different. Do I the deliver her the justice of Thor or do I stay in this deal.

See how retarded it reads OP
>>
>>18242022
don't fight me schismatic brother, the real enemy is the devils synagogue
>>
>>18242033
i asked do I jsut withdraw from this or try to stay and see how things will work out

filthy pagan cuck
>>
>>18242016
Stop overthinking problems.

Realize that you can be good person without believing into spaggethi monster in clouds.

Relationship is based on trust and respect. All what it takes is to not mock each other for your believes. Disscussion is always welcomed if you dont go full retard.

Make sure you know each other long-future plans and are compatible (number of kids, marriage, prenup, traditions, who will work, etc mostly practical matters).

DATE THE BITCH!
>>
>>18242016
Fuck a little boy - then you'll please your false prophet in Rome AND have a partner you can relate to who is on the same level of mental and emotional maturity as you.
>>
>>18242039
that's what i'm looking for, thanks man <3
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 500x300px
>>18242034
Aye, true that.
>>
File: IMG_7476.jpg (704KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7476.jpg
704KB, 960x1024px
>>18242016
You know the word does say you should be equally yoked
>>
>>18242033
That's also a completely valid question
Ideological conflict is a huge strain in relationships
>>
I'm a devout Catholic. Tried dating a girl that was a moderate, feel good type Christian, and it didn't work well at all. We agreed on nothing and whenever I disagreed with something she said or did I had to either hold my tongue or start an argument. I realized that no matter how attracted to her I was or how fun our best times were, any future we'd have would rely completely on me denying my beliefs to avoid conflict. It just wasn't worth it and I could definitely see how even larger issues could arise if we ever decided to get married or start a family.
There's no reason to date this girl specifically, OP. It's very easy to get tunnel vision and think she alone will make you happy, but if you can you need to pull yourself back and look at this from an objective perspective.

>>18242039
It's always shocking to see how uninformed people on 4chan are about anything relating to religion
>>
>>18242016
Boyfriend is extremely religious (preacher at a church, leader of a christian organisation), I'm agnostic and don't even walk in a church.
Going strong, 4 years together, never had an argument about religion or anything serious.

We respect each other. That's literally all it takes.
>>
>>18242102
But do you share common basic principles and values? I think that's an important distinction to make. According to OP, the girl is not just an atheist, but also a believer in post-modern ideology. If she was an atheist but held all the same values then the situation would be completely different.
>>
>>18242096
>uninformed abouz religion
There are two types of post: constructive criticism and shitposting.

All you did was
>know long-future plans and be compatible
in 10 times longer text with heavily bias against some random girl.

So now instead of shitposting, please inform us, lowly pagans on how being christian in modern world makes it impossible to date non believer if your end goals
>marriage
>kids
>work
>traditions
are compatible?
>>
>>18242118
>There are two types of post: constructive criticism and shitposting.
And yours was shitposting

>So now instead of shitposting, please inform us, lowly pagans on how being christian in modern world makes it impossible to date non believer if your end goals
You either intentionally misread my post or you're an idiot. Either way I can't help you other than to say that's not the point of what I said and

>know long-future plans and be compatible in 10 times longer text with heavily bias against some random girl.

Is not all that was put across in my post. Also what kind of fedora tipping faggot refers to themselves as a pagan?
>>
>>18242112
Yes and no.
We agree on some things, disagree on others. We agree on all things that are relevant to our relationship, and generally try to compromise and respect each other.
It has never been an issue, at least for us.
I even read and correct his speeches, and we discuss about the bible often. We never had half an issue.
>>
File: 1464934837012.jpg (75KB, 570x526px) Image search: [Google]
1464934837012.jpg
75KB, 570x526px
I know I personally can't and don't date someone who isn't also atheist/agnostic. It isn't a prejudice and I don't care when it comes to friends and family, but I couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life with such a drastically different outlook on life. Some couples can pull it off, but you yourself just said that you disrespect atheism, so no, I wouldn't bother dating her because it's probably going to come to a head later if not sooner.
>>
>>18242131
Out of curiosity, how do you two reconcile sex before marriage? Have you discussed what will be taught when/if you have children?
It seems like all else being roughly in line, these two things would be difficult to get around.
>>
>>18242129
Ok then what is this:

>>18242096
>It's always shocking to see how uninformed people on 4chan are about anything relating to religion
>>
>>18242148
Are you unable to read? I don't know how else to explain that sentence. You should take it and go read a book - maybe then you won't come off as so uneducated.
>>
>>18242156
I dont want you to explain that sentence. You gave me (you) and in it you called me
>uninformed about religion
so here i am, trying to persuade you to tell me in what subjects i lack the knowledge you think is needed related to OPs question.

Please inform me. I want to learn something you are telling me that i am lacking!

Spoonfeed me please? Use this opportunity to spread the holy words? I will listen.
>>
>>18242140
of my life with someone with such a drastically*
>>
>>18242164
>Stop overthinking problems.
This isn't an overthought problem by any means. There is directly opposition of belief between these two people, and no level of communication would mend that unless one abandons their belief system for the other. It also shows that you've never studied psychology or sociology, because if you had you'd realize the necessity of at least baseline similarities in value systems in order to have a successful marriage, and the fact that mismatches in religious beliefs is one of the best indicators of a future failure in a relationship.

>Realize that you can be good person without believing into spaggethi monster in clouds.
This sentence. If you legitimately believe that any religion has a conception of God even close to this or that this caricature is at all a good parody of religious belief, it is a clear demonstration that you've never once studied anything beyond surface level theology or philosophy and have no grounds upon which to speak of them. Also you misspelled spaghetti.

>Make sure you know each other long-future plans and are compatible (number of kids, marriage, prenup, traditions, who will work, etc mostly practical matters).
By definition, if she adheres to what OP refers to as "modern crap" and OP is a Catholic, they cannot agree on these things, and mere practical matters are the least of their worries. Again, you'd know this if you'd so much as opened a book discussing philosophy or theology.

The fact you couldn't figure out all of these problems on your own and that you're so uniformed as to make these mistakes is why I know you're uninformed about religion, as well as many other things. You want spoonfeeding and constructive criticism? Take some community college classes or something, you really need it.
>>
>>18242147
Sex is a bit of a complicated subject.
He divorced a year before we met. He got married when he was 19 and stayed with her till he was 24. He waited till marriage with her.
His ex wife got legitimately crazy: she was physically and emotionally abusive, and it got to the point where she tried to kill him. He stayed with her till she literally stabbed him and got in jail for it, then he got divorced.
When we started to date the whole virginity thing wasn't super important anymore, obviously. We waited for over a year anyway.
I didn't pressure him and he decided when he felt ready, I would have waited till marriage if he wanted to.

>Have you discussed what will be taught when/if you have children?
We agreed to raise them Christian, but be understanding and not strict. I like the core values of Christianity and don't mind him teaching them about it.
We agreed to not be jerks about it if they decided to stray, or if they ended up being non-religious.
>>
>>18242181
>oposition of belief
I am practical man. The very idea of higher being, observing our actions and hoping we will choose the harder path to salvation instead of easier path of sin is nothing more than nicely written poetry: nice and all, but mostly totally impractical for daily life.

Other than that, christianity is all about rituals like
>walking to church
>denying sex
>having christmas tree (protestant pagans)
>praying
>being generaly nice person who abides laws, morale and help people in need
and i see no super conflict as you

Personaly i like the golden(silver?) rule:
Treat people in the same way how you want to be treated yourself by them.

Also a lot of people claiming they are atheist means they simply doesnt care. They never thinked about the god related questions at all and are still having basic christian values simply by growing in "western" world. So your
>oposition of believes
is too harsh imho.

The spaghetti monster was simply a joke :-)

You cant throw possible happy future couple into bin based on christian VS atheist opinion only. They just need to date a lot and see for themselves how much incompatible they are. And believe it or not, if my gf would be religious, i would do anything (in my atheist christian combo) to please her.

Thanks for spoonfeeding based anon!

>misspelled spaghetti
:-D
>>
>>18242022
>being a chrisitian means supporting the pope
>>
>>18242246
>I am a Christian Catholic
>>
>>18242016
Spare her. Let her know how broken your brain is.
>>
>>18242016
If you're truly catholic, this isn't even a question. Do not date her.

If you're going to live a life of sin and fornication, by all means, nail atheist girl and stay away from women of the church. But don't expect to fall in love with this girl. It's not good spiritually, and she can only bring you down. Also, good luck getting approval from the bishop to get married.
>>
>>18242016
If you already feel hesitant don't fucking do it. I dated a Christian girl as an atheist and she basically wasted my time for 5 months before everything fell apart and told me my atheism was a deal breaker for the future of our relationship. It ruined a great thing otherwise for both of us. If you care that much for your religion it won't work unless one of you is willing to not give a fuck about your beliefs. It will end in heartbreak.
>>
>>18242016
If you're not willing to allow your children to grow up as heathens, don't even think about, everything will end poorly.
>>
>>18242016
Maybe she should have a problem with the fact that you worship someone who is going to supposedly show up and throw her into a pit of fire
>>
>>18242322
>good luck getting approval from the bishop to get married.
It's actually pretty easy for Catholics to marry atheists.
>>
>>18242322
Conversely, she could lift OP out of the idolatry of the Catholic church.

But tbf they seem to have a passable pope atm.
>>
>>18242207
>They just need to date a lot and see for themselves how much incompatible they are
/thread
>>
Are you two at least share some similarities? Honestly I'd say go for it. There's really nothing to lose and hell, I think it's a good combo. My dad is an atheist and my step mom is a Jehovah's Witness. Most loving relationship I've ever seen.
>>
>>18242045
underrated post

>>18242016
yeah it won't work, you're too different.
>>
Do you know that she's for sure atheist? Like she said so? Because some times people aren't too sure and just say atheist. I'm wondering because she could possibly be agnostic, which would be far better because you could perhaps take her to some of your church services and introduce her to the religion..? I don't know.
>>
>>18242951
Have you ever tried to preach reason and scientific literature to someone who is deeply embedded in their beliefs? Shit does not work and it seems to scare them
>>
File: 2017-04-20 10.49.20 pm.png (37KB, 159x181px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-20 10.49.20 pm.png
37KB, 159x181px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6HdRVKXqNg
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.