[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with dad's money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1465502204719.png (34KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465502204719.png
34KB, 375x360px
Last December I switched jobs and elected not to take COBRA coverage from the last job for health insurance, since the new job would provide it after the probation period, and I didn't want to pay a ridiculous premium for a couple of months of coverage.

But my dad found out, had a complete panic attack, and gave me cash to pay for this "temporary" health insurance so we wouldn't squabble over the cost. I took the money, but they came back and said I wasn't eligible. Unfortunately I'd already told my dad I signed up.

Now I have a couple hundred bucks in cash sitting here that was supposed to have been spent. If I give it back to my dad, he'll flip his shit for lying to me... I feel guilty spending it... but I could also use the money.

What do I do?
>>
>>18241823
Here's a really wild, off-the-wall thought.

Why not tell him the truth?. "I urned out that I'm not eligible for the bridging cover. But thanks for the offer. Here's your money back."
>>
>>18241823
Save it for urgent care/the er if you need to go.
>>
Group health insurance shouldn't need you to prove your medically insurable, did you wait to enroll?
>>
>>18241823
You could give them to me, since I can't even find a wagecuck job and have a shitty life.
paypal [email protected]
>>
>>18241828

He's going to freak out on me if he finds out I lied to him and went without catastrophic coverage for months. I shouldn't have lied and said I was signed up when I wasn't, but I was busy with work and I wanted him off my back.

>>18241841
It turned out the amount of time I wanted to be insured for was too short for this "emergency" coverage he wanted me to take. This wasn't the company's insurance, which I'm now enrolled in.
>>
>>18241848
Tell him you won money on a scratch card, or sneak it into his room in installments.
>>
>>18241851

I don't live with him so that's not an option.
>>
>>18241855
Buy stocks.
>>
>>18241855
If you are doing nothing with them, can I have them? I seriously need money.
>>18241846
>>
>>18241864

Sorry, I'm not sending the money to a stranger on the internet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.