[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1492014525921.jpg (64KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1492014525921.jpg
64KB, 600x347px
I need help in life, /adv/
Next year I'll be moving in an apartment with a couple of friends, plus my two cats. My parents are willing to pay my cut of the first few months of rent but I obviously need a job to pay for it myself.
I'm a mere highschool grad that wants to go to art school, so I have 0 qualifications, expect maybe some international english tests I did, but I lost the papers to them years ago.
How do I go about getting a job? What things should I look out for? How do I make a good first impression? Any other tips?
Pic unrelated
>>
File: 45656189.png (109KB, 295x334px) Image search: [Google]
45656189.png
109KB, 295x334px
>>18241586
I'd urge you not to go to art school, honestly.

Anyway, keep in mind that you have a one-up on people who didn't graduate, or people that merely have their GED with no qualifications like you. A good amount of places posting entry-level jobs, from my experience, don't even really give a shit about this, in all honesty, but it can and does matter a percentage of the time.

I'd begin by looking through online job boards, and applying to anything you can do, not just what you're willing to do (if you begin getting picky with your first job choice, and you're not particularly skilled in anything, have fun with that ordeal).

Each time you apply to a place, in-person, online, whatever, I'd make sure to write it down somewhere when you applied, where and the date, along with the telephone number of said place(s).

Make sure you accept calls that come in after applying to a place (have had multiple companies contact me for over-the-phone 'interviews' but where calling from some center states away, for example). Ensure that you're sounding confident in these, and that you're not dwindling on what to say if they ask you a question, I think this is most important (same goes for in-person interviews, obviously).

I would say about one-to-two weeks after applying to a place, call them and say something like "Hi, my name is ____ _____, I applied for ____ ____ a couple weeks ago, I was wondering if you're still hiring and if you got my application?", which will likely be met with being put on hold or that they are, but haven't gone through all the apps yet. This should show them that you're more interested in the position than the slew of other folks who just put in an app and that's it. I'd call them, max, about two-or-three times doing this, in succession of one another on a timely basis.
>>
File: 1491762550638.jpg (1MB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491762550638.jpg
1MB, 1620x1080px
>>18241648
Thanks, anon, this was very helpful. I'll have to practice speaking then and get betrer at not doubting myself too much. I guess it gets easy with every interview though.
>I'd begin by looking through online job boards, and applying to anything you can do
What basic things should I know for the most basic jobs?
>>
>>18241699
*better
>>
>>18241699
Yea dw. Your first interview may be intimidating, but they're 'trying' to get you to feel that way, just don't get overly confident.

I'm still working at my first job (stocking grocery)

A lot of people quit or get fired after a month or two due to trying to find ways around doing the work every day. Though, my work is quite physical/tedious (if you were working a register, for example, way less harsh, you just deal with the occasional butthole customer).

It differs a lot depending on the place/job (some places at certain times have less/more supervision, etc.), but just make sure you put forth a good effort, and a good attitude if you can.

If you're doing what I do, making sure you listen and actually work/get it done consistently = happy boss.
If you're working a register, and you maintain a reasonably upbeat attitude and don't act like a lazy c0nt = happy boss.

You get it.
>>
>>18241586
Join a defunct political party and become its president
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.