[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bipolar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bipolar.jpg (1MB, 2539x1748px) Image search: [Google]
bipolar.jpg
1MB, 2539x1748px
A few days ago i made a thread explaining my feelings and just venting.

Everyone told me that i was most likely bipolar, i didnt even know what this was, so after taking some online tests and researching it. Im like 99% sure that i am bipolar.

What i want to know, is it worth seeking medical help, its stopped me doing a few things over the years and has really fucked me up (cleaning up the mess i made during my depressive periods) and ruining opportunity's for me. But i also know that if i go and get a diagnoses then bipolar will be forever on my mental health record.

Is the help that's available worth being diagnosed ?
>>
>>18241539
i re-write my feelings and shit if anyone wants me to, im currently feeling super productive
>>
>>18241539
Depends where you live/what medication they give you. There's some pill they gave me that I forgot the name of, think it starts with a C or an O (I'd recognize the name if I saw it). After 6 months or so on it I just stopped taking it coz it did fuck-all and it was all they'd give me. That was almost 4 years ago and since then i've barely coped by just being super aware of my mental state at any given moment, and making sure to look after my self when things get out of hand.
>>
>>18241539
There is no cure for the depressive states but lithium will keep you from becoming manic.
>>
>>18241667
I should add that the worst parts of the depressive states usually come right after the switch from mania to depression so it will keep you from the lowest lows at the cost of the highs. The highs can also be incredibly destructive and can escalate into literal insanity so it's not a bad thing.
>>
Love the void you're with.

If they give you medication SSRI's will make you a shell of the person you once were and is often irreversible after a few years. I find my best self is in the mid swing of mania and I wouldn't trade that person for anything if even if it took away the unbathed bed dwelling mess that I sometimes become. Behavioral Cognitive Therapy can help you mitigate yourself into the center of your bell curve but it eventually comes down to discipline and self identification of your symptoms.

If you start hallucinating it helps to have a doctor with prior knowledge of your condition otherwise you could end up in a mental ward for a weekend. They do subside, but you never really know when..
>>
>>18242722
Not all bipolar people will hallucinate by the way, psychosis is an extreme symptom.

The best advice I got from a psychologist trying to relate to my impulse control was,
On your left hand write 'Spock' and on the right write 'Kirk'. When you're making a decision look to your hands and decide if you're making a Spock decision or a Kirk decision, thinking logically or feeling emotionally.
>>
>>18241539

>online tests

Yeah, that'll tell you everything you need to know. You also have cancer, AIDS, and multiple personality disorder just from looking at the quiz.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.