[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to an interview last wednesday and they offered me an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1488740857257.jpg (85KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1488740857257.jpg
85KB, 437x437px
I went to an interview last wednesday and they offered me an entry level starting position. At the end of the interview they told me they will contact me.

One week later and they still hadn't contacted me. How should I initiate contact with them? What should I say in the email to sound most friendly and without sounding too arogant?
>>
>>18241319
Did you thank them the day of the interview in an email, while also reiterating your qualities and what you could bring to the company?
>>
>>18241321
No, no I hadn't. Do you actually have to do that?
>>
>>18241327
You don't *have* to do anything. You don't have to show up in a suit. You don't have to bring a copy of your resume. You don't have to include a portfolio.

But if you don't show a little bit of extra effort that will make you stand out, if even a little bit, then you won't get the job. Sorry, but unless everything I have experienced is incorrect, then you should just look for another job.
>>
>>18241330
Huh, that's very cutthroat. So you think I shouldn't write them anything?
Just continue looking for another job?
>>
>>18241336
Email them, sure, just ask if they had made a decision regarding the position. Mention your qualities in this email. Subtly mention that you may have other offers.

But you should have been applying to jobs while waiting for this one. When I was looking for work after my first professional gig I sent out 5-10 applications a day. It was a grind and a half and I had several dead-end interviews but the moments of success makes it all worth it. You will get better with experience.
>>
>>18241342
Man I wished I'd done this immediately. It just seem so natural and logical.

sigh

Thanks a bunch friend, I'll look for a nice "thank you note" template (because I've never done this before) and definetely gonna send them an email.
>>
>>18241351
No problem. I hope you get lucky. For perspective: the hiring process I had for one job I had was two months long. That was a lot of waiting.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.