[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Credit card help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1479524574963.jpg (59KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1479524574963.jpg
59KB, 500x397px
So I'm 20 and don't have a credit card. The interest to get one came up a while ago with my mother. We spoke a bit about how they worked and stuff and said I should look into applying for one now so I can start building credit.
Thing is I'm not really sure what I should be looking for when getting one.
Right now I'm working part time and my job pays me every week and they even pay for my school. I'm mostly interested in getting a credit card to build credit and buy things that I can't buy with my cash (I.e. purchasing stuff on the internet). My mom recommended I'd look into getting the Amazon Rewards visa and wanted to ask if this would be a good place to start?
I go on Amazon a lot and taking a glance at what the card offers looks interesting, but idk, I guess I'm just nervous thinking I'll fuck something up or whatever.
Personally I just like using paper money when buying things, but I hear how important credit is and I should probably consider building up credit now.
TL;DR is the Amazon Rewards visa a good credit card for a first timer who'll mostly use it for the occasional online purchase?
>>
You will probably like it I have one.

I've had that card for a while and I lost it recently, they sent me a really nice metal card that looks pretty sleek.
>>
>>18240994
This is all a trick. No one should use credit cards. Its how the banks make money off of you. Interest from credit card usage. 90% of people are falling for this. Avoid the debt
>>
If you use Amazon, get the Amazon card.

Any purchase you make, use the card. Pay it off in full every month. Build credit. Get Amazon points or whatever.

There is no downside unless you run balance month to month which you should never do.

>>18241002
This is awful advice. Yes credit cards are bad if you rack up debt and have to pay interest. Just don't do that and you enjoy extra purchase protection and free rewards.
>>
>>18241002
>No one should use credit cards

Correction: No one should use credit cards like debit cards.

Cash advances and borrowing money you can't really pay back is what gets people in trouble.
>>
>>18240994

Yes, get a card that rewards you with points for something that you use frequently. Amazon is a good start, although I haven't personally used it. I have a Southwest card, and put all of my big purchases on it, and then pay off the balance in full monthly, which means I get a shitload of points, so I pretty much always fly free.

>>18241002

Don't listen to this faggot, he's just a loser with no personal responsibility that doesn't like free stuff.
>>
>>18241002
But how do I buy imported gook games if I can't use muh paper money?
>>18241008
>>18241010
Is there a benefit to paying the minimum payments or paying in full, or does it not matter?
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I don't intend to spend crazy on things, all I want is to buy things online that I can't normally buy with cash, or if there's a good online deal.
>>
>>18241025
It isn't dumb. Asking questions is good.

The minimum balance is what you need to pay to not get charged a penalty. But if you only pay the minimum, you run a balance on what's left and get charged interest.

Always pay off the full statement balance (everything you charged that month). That way you don't owe any interest.

Don't buy something you can't afford, that's how you get into debt.

You're cautious ,you'll be fine. It's people who don't give a shit and just start buying that drive themselves thousands of dollars into debt.
>>
>>18241031
Oh okay, that's good to know.
Then I think I'll just pay in full then to avoid interest.
Thanks fellas for the info.
>>
>>18241002
Good luck getting a home loan with that attitude.
>Avoid the debt
Use restraint and don't go over 30% of your total limit every month except in an emergency to build good credit. It's really simple.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.