[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So see, ive always been kind of interested in getting into an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1485892301163.png (858KB, 734x804px) Image search: [Google]
1485892301163.png
858KB, 734x804px
So see, ive always been kind of interested in getting into an exercise regimen and getting somewhat /fit/

But i also have some bad ADHD or something and can't force myself through the trouble to do all the research, calculations, scheduling, and other general work it takes to figure out how to get into it.

Isn't there an easier way? a generally accepted guide i can simply follow? Or should i really just drag my wimpy ass to a gym and pay for training?

Yeah, this ADHD thing has (and is continuing to) ruin my life besides, but that's something for another thread, getting exercise can only help.
>>
Getting fit is a process entirely dependent on self-discipline. From the looks of your post you seem to have none. Cut out the excuses and put the work in and you'll see results otherwise don't even waste your time.
>>
I can force myself to do physical labor on a regular basis, but that's not even really useful for me because i am so weak in the first place.

I guess ill just start doing what i think is right and go from there, or hire that trainer.

by the way, my "lack of self-discipline" is all part of my psychiatric disorder in the first place, im always trying to better myself, trying really hard, but for all my efforts i never actually get much done, and that's often a tough pill to swallow.

thanks for nothing though anon.
>>
Okay I guess I can give you some advice, but let's get things straight, I'm not a /fit/fag, I have general tips that worked with me when I used to do the things right.

I have ADHD, medicated on adolescence and kind of accepted it nowadays. So I feel you when you say it brings you some issues (although I don't think it is same issues)

Also >>18240817 is kind of right, but not at all in YOUR case. Why? Because obviously you need discipline and willpower, but you also need how to get into it. All said, here's my tips.

I get somewhat fit following just 3 general steps.

>Diet
>Workout
>Never cheat

Is that simple, you don't need numbers if you don't go full /fit/derp.

>Diet
Calories in calories out, I'm sure you heard it sometime and somewhere. Easy step in my case where going to medic (public sanity). "Hey doc I'm fucking fat what can I do?" Here, do this diet and come back every friday. It is the base of this, eating healthy. ALSO, eating healthy, is damn healthy, don't eat less, don't stop eating, and NEVER cheat. If you cheat, you have to compensate it with next point.

>Workout
This is what will give you that nice looking you're (maybe) looking for, and also is what will help you on your Cal out. Once again, you don't need serious numbers, test your body without going hurr. That is, trying to lift weights over the ones you're comfy. Let's say if you lift 10kg on each hand without any issue, you try 12 or 15. BUT, whatever you do, you MUST do cardio. That's a kind of exercise that have long duration that would burn your body fat. You can muscle at same time, but if your diet is low cal, you could be feel fainted or more tired than usual. The usual order is Diet To Lose Fat + Cardio => Diet To Gain Muscle + Lift

>Never cheat
In anything. Set up a simple schedule. Something like going 2 hours to gym or running on the streets for 90 minutes. But if you set it, do it. If you cheat on a meal, you do extra workout to burn that extra calories etc etc
>>
>>18240827
oh, thanks alot, despite how snarky i was with >>18240825 I appreciate this.

its just rough when normies don't comprehend the difference between willpower, and ability to actually do anything.
>>
>>18240825
>>18240838
I was out of characters so I couldn't say anything more lol.

In regards of cheating, just do what you said you would do. The times and the meals, easy peasy. Also, in regard of diet, you need to eat food that has low fat and "low" calories, like vegetables. They give you enough vitamines, cals etc for your body, and you can eat a shitton (without going turd, once again). Also, if you happen you can go to the doc, ask him/her how you can measure if you have a slow or a fast metabnolism. First one requires more workout, second one more non-fat-food.

To end, I have ADHD as I told you, this tips really work if you just don't avoid them, is THAT easy.

In my case my condition makes me feel no rewarded when I do the schedule or the duty I have meant to. So, in a long time task, is very hard to follow it.
>>
>>18240813
I'm the same way and I made small goals and lifestyle changes and basically had to trick myself into eating healthy because when I do dramatic changes they do not last. I didn't want to obsess over calorie counting or some fad diet again because it drove me insane.

I started with cutting out soda, literally only water, coffee, and tea. Then I cut out any fast food. Then I cut out all convenience food (canned food, microwave meals, etc.) My meals are basically chicken breasts and occasional tuna or salmon. I'd buy any green vegetable on sale. Then I'd widen my healthy food horizons and go for lean red meats, beans, healthy recipes (vegetable/lentil curry was something I made weekly because it tasted good)

Once I was comfortable in this much leaner, healthier diet, THEN I started focusing more on exercise. Because when I started exercising while changing my diet, exercise made me feel so drastically hungry, that I'd cheat on my diet when I'd work out too much.

Took me two years to lose 80 pounds. I'm proud I did it this way. (Also, am 5'2 female that went from 190 to 120) Eating unhealthy has literally had the ludivico effect on me. I gag when I smell mcdonalds. I made the mistake of buying it once, and I threw up. I feel like I can't eat unhealthy if I tried.
>>
>>18240825
The reason i know you won't achieve any results despite "trying really hard" is because you're seeing getting fit as a phase as opposed to a lifestyle.

You won't even last a month. I'm not even saying this to be mean I'm just assuming based off the amount of self-pity in your posts. You sound <20 and use a psychiatric disorder to define you. You're a whiny weak willed faggot who is too lazy to actively figure out how to get fit. If you can't even force yourself to learn about this shit you're hardly gonna force yourself out of the house to work out.
>>
>>18240848
I don't think you're right about me, im just that ignorant about this stuff.

I guess you're right about it being more of a healthy lifestyle though, that's a good point.
>>
>>18240844
>>18240846
Thanks for the info, really.

>>18240848
I also thought to mention about when you said
>You sound <20 and use a psychiatric disorder to define you

If the disorder is bad enough, it kind of does rule your life man, its always a battle against it, always. At least thats my perspective.
>>
>>18240877
Yeah but anon said it because you mention it too much. Of course you have and it will fuck you up a lot of times, but you have to accept it like a scar, not recognize it like a fresh wound that bothers or hurts you when you touch it unconciously.

Just accept it, trick it, and live with it.

T. The other anon with ADHD.
>>
>>18240846
Also I really agree with your "start small" idea, as long as i keep making the changes, i think attacking it this way will bring the most lasting results.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.