[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dose anyone have any good tips for not getting anxious, shaky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1481451597715.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481451597715.gif
1MB, 500x375px
Dose anyone have any good tips for not getting anxious, shaky and generally keeping your cool in a real life argument?

I'm usually a pretty chilled out person but i always end up mentally collapsing as soon as i have to deal with some kind of confrontation.
>>
>>18240690
Youre just not built for it.

Youll always be this way in confrontations. And yet your life will go just fine anyway.

Fuck it.
>>
>>18240697
Nothing? I'm not looking for a fight, i just don't want to be a total stuttering pushover when someone is being an assholes to me.

I tried google and all i really got was a bunch of forum post of people saying "i know exactly how you feel" with no real solutions.
>>
File: 1445839686341.png (313KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
1445839686341.png
313KB, 700x544px
Have you considered watching how people debate on youtube? I hear proper breathing exercises can also help you not choke when you try to give a counterargument. As for the shaky feeling, that's only gonna change through experience, you gotta get in there and fuck up and think about why you did, it'll make you a better debater for the next argument and so on till you eventually just keep your cool.

Also it goes without saying, but knowing is half the battle, so don't pick arguments where you don't have all the information, that, or learn how to extort the information out mid-argument.
>>
>>18240709
Yeah. Because its your personality. You cant undue hard wiring. Methamphetamine might make you a bit bolder, but other than that, you just cant fight.

Its not weakness or fagginess. You just dont do that.

Im the same way. Im 30 years old. My life is still good somehow.
>>
I have this issue and let me tell you what helps me.

Stop taking it so seriously. Look at it in a humorous way. You ever watch Seinfeld or Curb your Enthusiasm? Watch how the characters argue with each other and how it's seen as a big joke.

Don't be afraid to lose the argument. Be ok with looking or sounding stupid from time to time. Laugh at yourself.
>>
>>18240690
You just havent been through enough conflicts. If you grew up with assholes, youd be used to this kinda thing
(My experience anyway)
>>
>>18240716
Not OP, but just want to ask you one thing. How's your dating life?

Just curious because conflict is bound to arise in relationships. I'm afraid that a girl would walk all over me, or I just couldn't get a girl in the first place due to my non-confrontational personality
>>
As someone who has dealt with a lot of rage issues in the past, I've always found that actually visualizing punching someone in the face or throwing a chair at them or something really helps me relax. It's definitely violent, but as long as you don't act out the fantasy then it's completely harmless, and if you don't say anything then nobody will ever be offended. But you'll get the satisfaction of imagining your aggression and allowing yourself to feel it and "act on it" without actually doing anything harmful. When I argue with a coworker for example, if I start getting really pissed I'll just imagine putting his head through a window or something, take a couple of deep breaths, then I feel better
>>
>>18240731
>Stop taking it so seriously. Look at it in a humorous way. You ever watch Seinfeld or Curb your Enthusiasm? Watch how the characters argue with each other and how it's seen as a big joke.

I like this.
>>
>Dose anyone have any good tips for not getting anxious, shaky and generally keeping your cool in a real life argument?
Do you have an example of a recent argument?

arguments generally leave one person angry and frustrated with the other. It's best to avoid conflict unless it's important. Even if you completely fucking mentally dominate another person, that's just going to make them bitter and hate you. And they will spread that hate through gossip, causing others to develop similar opinions.
>>
>>18240690
Recognize your breath and take a step back

Practice
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.