[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My neighbor trespassed into and vandalized my yard.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2256.jpg (106KB, 544x721px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2256.jpg
106KB, 544x721px
I live in a gated community with my mother, she retired a couple years ago not long after my dads death, we're basically set for life because of her savings and the life insurance payout after my father died. Anyways, ever since her retirement she has done a lot of gardening and has always had a thing for plants. She's been growing a few brightly colored bushes and exotic plants for a while now and she takes a lot of pride in it, (all of these plants are allowed by our homeowners association). Anyways, our neighbor doesn't like how they look from his yard and has expressed this before, but we just told him that he should grow the hedges that separate our property a bit taller so that he can't see my mother's plants. Anyways, today I woke up to my mother in tears saying that they cut down all of her favorite plants. I go outside and there's a landscaping company in the backyard looking very confused. Basically, our neighbor paid them to enter our yard without our permission and cut down our plants and bushes, which they did. I confronted them and they told me our neighbor told them he got our permission to do this. I got their companies number and told them to leave, they were apologetic. Now I'm wondering what my next move should be. My mom spent years growing these plants and is very devastated. This constitutes trespassing as well as vandalism as far as I am aware. My mother has been in bed all day and it's sort of up to me to sort this out as she doesn't like confrontation. So I'm just a 19 year old dude trying to figure out what the next move should be. Call the police? Chop down their plants? I don't want to just ignore it. Any advice or general thoughts are appreciated. Even a "REEEE" or two. Thanks.
>>
also, I forgot to mention, this is our backyard, they had them open the gate on the side of our house and enter our backyard through the gate. just to paint a better picture.
>>
jesus christ...
>>
File: image.jpg (284KB, 562x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 562x570px
>>18239768
You know what to do, op
>>
>>18239793
Not crossing that option off the list just yet
>>
>>18239768
Call the police(not 911) have them come out and give them the complaint
>>
Take him to small claims court.
>>
Op my granma shares the same passion for gardening as ur mum and its something we do together to bond over and reading ur post made my blood boil. What a fucking dick neighbour. Theres plenty of edgey responses id like to give but the smart thing to do is file a police report IMMEDIATELY. You'll need a police report and proof the company was hired by your neighbour and not you. If you get some tangible proof from that landscaping company that your neighbour hired them that would be even better. You'regoing to want ur mum to file official charges of Destruction of property or a similar offense(look up law in your neck of the woods). Small claims court for damages is another option.

The quicker you do these the better. You can hire a lawyer if youd like but with proof the company was hired by the neighbour and it was done so maliciously i imagine this.would be something easily to go in ur favor in small claims court.

Oh! After u file the report wth the police get a copy and take it to ur local news, they crave this kind of shit and u can publically make him look like the asshole he is. Best of luck m8
>>
>>18239830
Don't forget to take pictures. Ideally you should have taken pictures while they were cutting the plants. Do what the other poster said: police and lawyer advice.
>>
Call a lawyer and take him to court. Go into the cop shop and tell them too, don't call 911 since they'll get kisses off as it's not an emergency. Alternatively you can fuck with the guy and salt his earth while he sleeps or something.
>>
>>18239768
Call the police. Do not just retaliate in kind; that will kick-start a cycle of dramatic bullshit which you do not want to to get your mother involved in. Your neighbor is a self-absorbed knob-gobbler, and having the police called on him might help him to realize that this shit is not okay.
>>
>>18239839
Oh ya good advice. Lots of pictures of the cut plants too
>>
oh trust me I took many pictures.
>>
>>18239910
Get ur mum into the police station asap mate. Im sure the police would be happy to recommend a widow a number of lawful offenses to charge ur neighbour with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.