[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making new friends when you get older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8350.jpg (21KB, 415x354px)
IMG_8350.jpg
21KB, 415x354px
Let me start saying that I don't really have problems talking to people or keeping friends around. What's bothering me is that I'm reaching my 30's and I'm running out of close friends.

It's not a matter of completly drifting apart either. I still have contact with my college friends and some others. But the whole building a family thing seems to make them much harder to keep around. I'm in a relationship too, but I always find the time to go out if I need. Everyone else just seems to stick their heads in their butts except for the occasional birthday or gathering when everyone is somewhat free from their obligations with their gf's, which is random and hardly as frequent as I'd like

Is this a constant in life? You just make friends until college and then start loosing them faster than you can make new ones? I'm self employed so I don't really have friends from work too...
>>
>You just make friends until college and then start loosing them faster than you can make new ones?

Even though I'm only in my second year of college, I've found myself in a simular situation OP. The only difference is that I'm not in touch with my high school friends. Mainly because they were introverts that barely did shit, had a lot of drama and were immature to begin with. So i'm kind of glad I cut ties with them.
>>
>>18239709

Good question, man. I'm 30 and turn 31 next month, and I'm kind of experiencing the same thing, even with single people. They just want to sit in their houses and watch Netflix, or the kids/girlfriend take up all of their time.

Unfortunately I think it's definitely a pervasive thing we have to deal with at our age. What I think it might be is finding a group of friends that live a similar lifestyle to you, and making them your new closest pals. But I don't really know where to find them yet. My work friends were a great resource, but I moved to a work-from-home situation, so that's gone too now.

Open to any recommendations from other anons... or if you're in Vegas, down to go get a beer, haha.
>>
>>18239746
I barelly had friends in HS, and the few I had were really shitty ones, so I definitly don't miss them. But I do miss good friends with whom to talk to about work, personal problems and so on. I tought I had friends like that but for some reason they all seem to be living too perfect lifes to care about anyone who isn't.

>>18239761
Yeah that's what I'm at a loss with. College and work are the two places that come to mind where you're forced into social interaction, meeting new people and making new connections. But recently I've been spending more and more time in 4chan just for the sake of having someone other than my gf to talk to, even though I have a perfect relationship with her, it gets tyring to always talk to the same person.

I used to be in a lot of online forums and still have some virtual friends, but most aren't really intimate, and even though a few are, I miss someone to go out with.

I'm in brazil but if I was in Vegas I'd sure be up for it
>>
>>18239791

I'm still friends with my high school and college friends, but they've all scattered to the wind around the country so it's hard for me to maintain those nights going out. We have text messages and stuff, but it's not the same.

I have an online community I've been a part of for a long time, but yeah, I'm finding that the online part of my life is my current substitute for most of my social life, which is annoying, since I'd love to get out and chill with pals and meet girls and stuff.
>>
>>18239821
One of my best friends, to whom I introduced his wife to, moved to the countryside and rarelly shows up where I live anymore, mostly due to money constrains.

Every other friends group I have, either scattered, or are more concerned about their own lifes or have new friends that I don't know of. That's what hurts me the most I think, inviting people out and being shutdown every single time that doesn't involve a bigger event.
>>
How do I become less ashamed of not having friends?

I drifted apart from my old friends because I hated doing stuff, hated going out etc cos I'm a real homebody.

but then with coworkers I kinda feel like they would think less of me or worse pity me because I don't have friends or a real social life

it's just that things don't work out when I get close to people even gf's because of my homebody nature and not wanting to do anything.
>>
>>18239846
you need to do more exercise
>>
>>18239934
I have a home gym
>>
>>18239943
the point would be to get you out of the house
you sound agoraphobic
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.