[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job at 22, no experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AAAAAAEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.jpg (211KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.jpg
211KB, 1252x1252px
Just got denied my college's nursing program, no biggie I'll apply again. Really want to get some cash flow, however. Got denied a cashier's position at all the local Targets, (local including cities over), and everything else requires experience. I've been job hunting online the past four hours to no avail. I just exited out of applying for a public safety dispatcher position because 75% through the application they finally thought to ask "oh did you take the fucking ECOMM even though this wasn't a requirement on the website."

Tomorrow I'm going to my local job corps and seeing what I can get done over there, but is there anything I can do before day's end?
>>
>>18239690
You applied for cashier position. There are tons of hourly jobs you can apply for. I worked as a dishwasher for a year (in highschool though).

Had a friend in similar position as you though in his mid 20's. He got a job at a bakery while he continued applying to managerial-type positions, and he even had a 4-year degree!

Point is, just gotta apply to whatever shit job you can find and take the first one to accept you.
>>
>>18239732
As a bonus for doing so, my friend impressed the interviewers for the managerial position by actually taking some obviously shit and temporary job. Instead of just doing nothing and waiting for the actual job you want.
>>
>>18239690
>everything else requires experience

Apply anyway. Not every employer can find the ideal employee for the open positions, so they sometimes have to take what they can get. You just have to to write a convincing application letter, get an invitation to an interview and then convince them that you could do the job despite your lack of experience. It doesn't hurt to try and you just might get lucky.
>>
>>18239732
>>18239755
The cashier position was the only one they had available for all the Targets. Stockers, customer service, etc. was all booked up.

Even the dishwasher positions at local restaurants want experience it's fucking wild. But I'll apply anyway. What should I put on a resume when they wanna know my experience (which is none). Just reiterate to them how much I am willing to learn and garner new experience?
>>
>>18239736
Take this with a grain of salt, but I've read a study that supports that taking a job you're overqualified for can hurt your employability in the future.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.